Friends Help Best Friends Take Pictures >> Rocket and Groot

Title: Friends Help, Best Friends Take Pictures

Paring: Rocket and Groot (not slash)

Warning: none

Spoilers: none!

-----------------------------------------

Only a week in space on Quill's starship and the sarcastic Rocket Raccoon had fallen sick from a flu of kinds, leaving the little guy to splutter and cough and rendered him bedridden.

At first Peter had joked to arrange a vet to check it out, but Rocket had shot that idea down before Drax could remark on it or Gamora give a raised eyebrow.

So Rocket rested in his little bed, trying to focus on his well being and not on the fact the rest of everyone were having much more fun than a sick raccoon.

"I am Groot," a deep voice announced and Rocket turned to see his friend Groot the talking tree walking with his newly regrown limbs into the room.

"Of course I'm not alright." Rocket snapped, and gave a cough. "I feel like death."

Rocket watched as his friend came nearer to the bed, and saw the branches of his body grow into a mass of flowers. Slowly picking them from his body, Rocket made a noise, only to be scaled as by a, "I am Groot," from his friend.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll lay still," he grumbled. But a sniff of the flowers cleared his nose, and a smile came onto his face. "This helps, thanks, Groot."

Groot nodded, extending a hand to gently pat Rocket's head slightly. "I am Groot."

"Yeah, I know you'll kick my ass if I get out of this bed. Don't think I don't."

"I am Groot."

Rocket frowned. "I can't get out of this bed until I'm better? Let's see."

Groot frowned. "I am Groot."

Rocket's eyes widened, "what do you mean, Quill's recoding -," he saw the pilot at the door, grin on his face and a camera in his hand. "-you should have told me before!" he cried.

"I am Groot."

"Best friends tell each other those kinds of things, Groot," he whined.

The laughter of Quill sharing the footage of Rocket in a bed of Groot's flowers with Gamora and Drax filled the ship, but Rocket didn't mind that much; he was feeling much better already.