If I Scare You Will You Run? >> Victor Creed (Sabertooth) X Reader

Title: If I Scare You, Will You Run?

Paring: Victor Creed (Sabertooth) X Reader

Warnings: apart from the fact he has the ability to maul people, none (was that too blunt?). Also if you don't like neglected children, there's a minuscule moment mentioned about that. It's okay in the end. I promise.

Spoilers: basic knowledge of Vic; stuff you'd know if you've seen X-Men, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, or read a few of the comics.

Author's Note: to keep gender neutrality, pronouns are they/them and titles are Mx.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When most mutants are initiated into the X Mansion, they come in through admission to the school, or at most, as a rescue mission from the team. You, however, were a surprising case which astounded the team.

It had began with your parent's abhorrence to your mutation - you could speak to animals, and often calmed them. Which led to them being friendly, and even play with you.

This was good when it was at a dog park, or visiting the cat lady who lived next door.

But there had been the case at the zoo; where one white spotted leopard was agitated from a chattering of school children nattering it to display dominance. They had been banging the glass, throwing in rubbish.

Long story short, you managed to speak to it, and it retreated into its den for a nap, much to the children's, zoo keeper's and your parent's horror.

It was unnatural, they said.

It was frightening, they said.

It was also how you were abducted by a radical mutant group, shipped over many boarders, ran away from their cult, mugged, were homeless for three years, taken in by the wolves, and found yourself having walked thousands of miles, following pure instinct to knock on the door of the school.

Begging for asylum.

So, naturally, you began once over. And thusly, to everyone: labeled: the strange one.

Your friends were few and far between, and grew stronger over time. The girl who could walk through walls, Kitty Pryde (who was so nice to you, you nearly couldn't understand her kindness), and the gritty veteran, Logan Howlett, the Wolverine; your mutant abilities really tapped into his rage, to help him find a way out from rampage.

That was it. Your friends were a cheerful prep and a grumpy teacher. But since arriving at the school, your life had improved vastly; you were finally fitting in (to a degree), had a roof over your head, and it all seemed perfect.

It was then the brother of Wolverine appeared.

Professor Xavier said he was here for a rescue; his alliance with the chaotic neutral Magneto hadn't worked as well as he had hoped, and now, was lying in a cell under the school.

Well, that's what you heard from a rumor Piotr was telling Warren. Others had caught wind of the story, and now you weren't sure what was true; was Sabertooth really naked / wearing nothing but a tea towel / a stolen boutique pink 80's power suit under the school? Most likely not.

But it were these untruths and tall tales which led you skipping American History (it's not like Logan cared anyone were missing. Less papers for him to grade) and sneaking down.

What if he's really what they all say? That voice in your head intruded. A monster past saving. Didn't you hear he was more animal than human? Covered in hair and teeth longer than your fingers?