HOT CHOCOLATE.

☁️ ⇢ ˗ˏˋ hot chocolate ! ࿐꒰💌꒱ 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 ꒰📂꒱NCT ADDED MEMBER

꒰💌꒱ 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 ꒰📂꒱
NCT ADDED MEMBER

☁️ ⇢ ˗ˏˋ hot chocolate ! ࿐꒰💌꒱ 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 ꒰📂꒱NCT ADDED MEMBER

eden woke with a start

eden woke with a start. the dream had seemed so real, even though she knew that it wasn't. it wasn't even a super traumatic one, like when she sometimes dreamt about being kicked out of the group. this time, she was being chased by something, and then she fell. she woke up with that horrible feeling like she was still falling, breathing heavy and trying not to wake up the boys.

after laying still for a few moments didn't calm her racing heart, she decided to just get up and grab a drink of water.

eden pulled the covers back, and carefully stepped out of her bed, tip-toeing to the door and quietly slipping out of the room. her feet were bare, but she was wearing johnny's hoodie and one of her sweatpants.

she made it to the kitchen, and reached into the cupboard to grab a glass. it clinked louder than she would've liked, and she held still for a moment to see if it would wake anyone. when no one seemed to have been disturbed, she went for the water pitcher.

"why are you up?" a voice said behind.

eden jumped a mile out of her skin, biting down hard on her lip to keep from screaming. a very sleepy renjun was standing behind, eyes half closed from exhaustion as he waited for her answer.

"jeez, renjun. don't do that to me." she scolded.

"sorry." he murmured tiredly. "why are you up? is something wrong?"

she shook her head, though he could barely see her in the dark room. "just woke up from a dream and i was thirsty."

he hummed in response, and then stood silently.

eden waited for him to say something else, but when he didn't, she decide to encourage the conversation. "do you want some hot chocolate? I can make us some."

"sure." he said, walking away and sitting down on the couch. it was so dark that eden could only see his outline as he waited.

she laughed slightly. of course he was waiting for her to make it. no one in their right mind would ever turn down eden's hot chocolate.

she started making it, boiling the water and pulling two mugs out of the cupboard. once the hot chocolate had been made and she'd added the correct ratio of marshmallows, she carefully made her way to the couch.

renjun looked slightly more awake this time, and nodded thankfully as he took the mug from her. "thanks." he whispered.

"no problem."

they sipped contently in silence for a few minutes, with eden slurping up her marshmallows and giving happy little hums after each one.

"do you want to talk about it?" renjun said suddenly.

she raised an eyebrow. "about how great this hot chocolate is?"

he coughed. "no. about your dream."

"oh." She rested her mug in her lap. "it wasn't really anything special. just one of those ones where you wake up feeling like you're falling. i just wanted to clear my head i went back to sleep."

he nodded. "okay."

"but thanks for asking." she offered. "and for having hot chocolate with me."

he smiled, though it was barely visible in the darkness. "thanks for making the hot chocolate."

she nodded. "i love hot chocolate. my mom makes it better, and i try to follow her trick of mixing the cocoa and the milk before you add the water, but it doesn't always work."

"that's weird. you add the milk after the water."

she nudged him with her foot. "it tastes good, doesn't it? that's a lee family secret."

he shook his head. "that's stupid."

"you're stupid."

"you're a child."

"we both are, don't deny it." she retorted.

he shrugged.

after a few more moments, and after they'd both drained their mugs, eden stood. "i'm going back to bed."

"me too."

they headed in their separate directions, leaving their mugs on the coffee table for them to clean in the morning.

as eden stepped into her bedroom, she turned around. "hey renjun?"

"yeah?"

"thanks. for...checking on me. and for keeping me company, i guess."

he nodded. "anytime. as long as i get hot chocolate at the end, i won't complain."

"good to know."

"night."

"night, don't let the bed bugs bite."