Need A Hero 2 [NikiasXDemetrius]

Need A Hero 2

[NikiasXDemetrius]

Hades knew something was wrong before Nikias even opened his mouth. The moment his youngest son appeared in his throne room, he felt the air of despair and rage flood in with him. It was suffocating and nearly melted the paint right off the walls. It wasn't just that, but the tears that had welled up in Nikias's seafoam green eyes.

"What's up?" Hades asked casually, trying not to show how much it pained him to see his son so broken up. He had an itching sensation it had to do with the bastard demigod. Obviously he'd made a mistake in trusting the asshole. It was only the comfort of knowing he could go kill the demigod after he was finished with Nikias.

"I don't understand what I did," Nikias managed, making Hades frown as he lifted himself off his throne and approached him, "I told him the truth. I was being really nice about it. He even let me... Damn it, I don't understand! What's wrong with me?" Hades tried not to flinch at the anguish behind Nikias's cry. He cocked his head with a frown, folding his arms over his chest instead.

"What're you going on about? Do I need to kill someone? Because I will." He added, the threat in his voice real. Nikias swallowed the lump in his throat, trying not to smile at Hades's protectiveness. He could tell Hades was ready to go storm the city of Elysium for Demetrius and destroy him, but he didn't want that. He knew something else was going on in Demetrius's head. He'd reacted too quickly, and far too harshly. He probably hurt Demetrius as much as Demetrius had hurt him, and surely it was unintentional.

He knew Demetrius wanted him. The demigod had practically begged to be touched. But something in Nikias's words had changed his mind. Something had struck a nerve. But what?

"Dad," Nikias said, making Hades look at him quizzically, "I told Demetrius he was beautiful. I told him I wanted to make him happy and that I didn't want to hurt him. And he suddenly got uncomfortable and nervous and... I thought he was going to puke. I don't understand what I said that made him act like that. I thought I was complimenting him." Hades gave pause at that. He could easily see why those words would have put Demetrius on the defensive.

The first time he'd listened to Lucifer feed him compliments and praises, it'd made him sick too. Mostly because Zeus used those compliments and turned them into something mockery and cruel. It made him sick to his stomach. Even worse, his self-esteem was non-existent. What Lucifer saw was beauty incarnate. What Hades saw was a freak of nature who was too damn tall and bonked his head on doorways, eyes that probably looked like headlights, and an eternal scowl that was going to give him wrinkles some day. He also saw an ugly personality made up of every dark piece of shit in the world.

He'd always gotten so angry that Lucifer would lie to him, calling him beautiful and treating him like he was special. He wasn't used to it. Every time someone had given him a chance to see the sunlight, they'd slammed the door shut in his face. This time, Lucifer kept the door open for him and even let him out into that sunlight.

His anger placated, Hades sighed as he raked a hand through his long black hair.

"Nikias, some people are used to cruelty. And cruelty comes in many forms. Let's just say that Demetrius doesn't want to be lied to." He explained as best he could. Nikias frowned.

"But I wasn't lying. He is beautiful."

"Come on," Hades snorted, "You can do better than that. Nikias, he's not really that impressive anyway. He's a demigod with a deformity. If that isn't pathetic, I don't know what is." Nikias glared at his father.

"Don't talk about him like that," He protested angrily, "I can agree with you on some things, but not this. Demetrius not only saved my life, but he saved your life too. He's one of the strongest people I know. He put up with so much and he's fighting so hard. And for your information, Demetrius is absolutely beautiful. No one's seen him the way I have, and if anyone does, I'll kill them. He's amazing, but amazingly fucking stubborn! I don't care if you don't like him, but I do and that's all that matters." Hades arched a brow. Nikias was dead serious about this. It slightly irked him, because it always irked him when his sons focused on someone like that.