Speed Dating [AdonisXTheo]

Speed Dating

[AdonisXTheo]

------

He was tired.

Sick and fucking tired, to be precise.

He sat at the mahogany bar, the hood of his jacket hauled up over his head to hide his golden blonde hair, his tawny sun-kissed skin, and let's face it; he was hiding the fact that he was so fucking beautiful that even the gods clawed at his feet. It made his skin shrivel up at the thought of how many hands had been laid upon his flesh since he was a child. First by his own mother, and lastly, by the god, Thor. With thousands in between over the past centuries he'd been forced to live.

He wished he was being vain. He wished it was just his confidence that made him beautiful. Or perhaps what would've been a charming personality if he wasn't so bitter.

But it was a curse. Literally a curse that started with his wretched mother and turned his life into a goddamn mess. He could've been born normal. A normal mortal living in the mortal world with a normal mother and father in a tiny cottage, perhaps destined to be nothing more than a shepherd or a farmer.

He tossed back a shot of whiskey, savoring the burn that traveled down into his gut and basically seared a hole in his stomach. Not that it would kill him, considering he'd been cursed with more than just dashing good looks. And this time, it was his mother that had cursed him, and a thousand years would pass and he would still curse her for having summoned the power of the gods to keep him from leaving her.

He'd been a fucking child.

Just a child.

His skin crawled further and he shuddered, shoving his shot glass out for more. The bartender sauntered over, her hips swinging so hard it was a miracle they didn't blow all the bottles off the shelves behind her. He kept his eyes downcast as she poured. She kept trying to get a look at him, but he refused. The moment he yanked the hood off his head, the entire bar would be on him, trying to fuck him.

He grimaced, annoyed at the loud chatter from behind him. It appeared that the one night he decided to go out for a drink instead of staying locked up in his apartment, there was some sort of speed dating thing going on. It was a pathetic mess of ingrates, all lined up and taking numbers and seats, nervously looking around and trying to look sexy while they hunted down their next sex partner who probably wouldn't last more than a few minutes.

He shook his head and took another shot.

"Lord Theo!" Adonis narrowed his eyes, cocking his head curiously. If he remembered correctly, that was the name of the godling prince of Hades who owned the land of Styx. According to rumors, Prince Theo was a loose canon. Completely wild. A selfish little cunt who'd fuck anything with a heartbeat. He was cold and heartless and he liked to pluck the wings from imps to make them cry.

Or so he heard.

He wasn't big on rumors.

After all, the rumors about him were endless and untrue.

Still, he could resist glancing over his shoulder.

Standing at the entrance with the lady who was hosting the speed dating event was the little prince himself, and Adonis found himself admiring the physical appearance of the godling. His haphazard hair was a deep shade of red, as if soaked in fresh blood, yet something about it was beautiful, the way it framed his baby face. Well, it would've been a baby face if there wasn't such a sinister smirk across perfectly natural pink lips. His fierce red eyes sparked in the lights overhead.

He didn't dress like the prince, Adonis noted. Not any princes he'd seen, who adorned themselves in luxurious robes and gaudy jewels. No, this one wore black skinny jeans with rips in the knees and one just under his left buttcheek for a glimpse of pale skin. He wore a deep olive green v-neck and a beat up leather jacket over top of it with a glimpse of red on the reverse side.