LuciferXHades Cut Scene

Read this ONLY after you have read Chapter Twenty-Six of The Hybrid.

-----------

"Why are you doing this?" Lucifer demanded, watching Hades input countless numbers and programming data, all of which was pure gibberish to Lucifer.

Not that he cared for the silly numbers and codes.

What he cared about was the god who currently had his back to him in a very fuck you kind of way, one Lucifer should've been used to, one that Lucifer normally knew how to handle calmly, rationally, but today.... no, not today. He couldn't stand it. He couldn't stand being brushed off. Hades knew that and he was using it against Lucifer, not that the archangel held it against him. A sharp flicker of pain cut through him as he remembered the last time he and Hades had gotten into a fight, shortly after Hades had sent Hannibal in to be personally trained by Ares.

"You're blowing this out of proportion," Hades had chided him, watching Lucifer pace his office like a feral tiger, "Akin already explained the situation. He's a hysterical person. You should've seen the way he reacted the other night when Hannibal got a paper cut."

"There's a huge difference between a paper cut and being forced to have sex," Lucifer snapped imaptiently, turning to pin Hades with a glare that made the Greek god stiffen, "You of all people should know that." Hades clenched his teeth so hard, it was a miracle they didn't shatter. It was like a cold icy blade cut through him. Lucifer watched Hades's expression darken and a sharp pang of pain cut through his chest.

"Hades, I didn't--"

"I know there's a fucking difference," Hades said through grinding teeth, "I also know there's a difference between an unwanted kiss and an unwanted cock. What else are you gonna throw in my face today?" Lucifer took a deep breath, trying to calm his inner turmoil.

The last thing he wanted to do was take it out on Hades.

Lucifer had suffered enough heartbreak, over and over again. He'd hurt and killed a dozen or so lovers before Hades, and they had done the same to him. He had been so tired, so worn, so broken, when he met Hades. It was like the Greek god had stitched all his shattered remains back together again and made him whole. His heart bled and beat for Hades.

Nothing wounded him more than to see Hades in pain, and he'd just done the unthinkable by dredging up the god's own bitter past. He hadn't meant to, either. He was just infuriated, and it wasn't just the situation with Hannibal. It wasn't just the fact that Hades had brought one of his past lovers into the domain. It wasn't just the fact that there was a war leering over their heads, threatening to drop a noose around their throat and hang them where they stood.

It was Akin.

Another phantom pain erupted in Lucifer's chest as he continued to glare at Hades's back while the Greek god worked in angry silence to create a body for a Titan who didn't deserve to be brought back.

Lucifer was used to his children running to him for help, used to their presence always being right around the corner. He adored his children, loved them to death. He'd do anything for them. It was why, again his own personal feelings, that he allowed Akin's mother, Lillian, to leave him and take Akin.

"I can't stay here," Lillian had told him one morning, the golden sun illuminating her pretty blonde hair and glistening blue eyes, like the angel Lucifer had constantly told her she was, "Lucifer, I have to take Akin and leave." Those words pierce his heart like a blade. He felt the air leave his lungs in a rush, his gut drop like lead, and his world suddenly shattered to pieces on his head as he watched Lillian cry silently, looking at him expectantly.