Chapter nine- The Sad Tail of Gary-Chip-Tiny Elvis-Squishy Paws

Dawn and Olivia walked up to Josie, who was cleaning the counter at the cafe in the store.

     "Hey Josie." Dawn greeted as she sat down, the quads' dog in her arms. "Two strawberry smoothies for us, and for my little furry friend here, a can of your finest meat." 

     The dog barked twice. "Make that two cans."

     "Aw, look who got a new dog tag." Josie pet him. "So you guys finally agreed on a name?"

     "Yup. My brothers just don't know it yet."

     "Won't they notice?" Josie asked.

     "Please, they never notice anything." Dawn scoffed.

     "I notice something." Ricky said as the boys walked up.

     "I notice it too." Nicky agreed.

     "Me too." Dicky went up and touched the counter. "Mom and dad totally redid the cafe."

     "We're talking about the dog tag." Ricky told him. "It better say his name is Chip."

     "You mean Tiny Elvis."

     "The tag should say Gary."

     "Too late fellas. The tag has spoken. His name is Squishy Paws." Dawn stood up.

     Olivia sighed as the quads stated bickering. She noticed something when Dawn put him down, though.

     "Guys. Guys. Guys! Guys!!" She yelled. "All your arguing is upsetting him. Look, he's even doing his sad tail thing."

     "Olivia's right. All this arguing is upsetting... Chip!" The quads started arguing over the dog's name again when Ricky said that.

     The quads stopped arguing when someone started yelling, and them and Olivia ran over to see a guy in black with the dog on him.

     "He caught the Boulder bandit. Squishy Paws is a hero!" Dawn.

     "Chip's a hero!" Ricky.

     "Good job, Tiny Elvis." Dicky.

     "The hero is a Gary!" And Nicky.

     The crowd that had gathered around applauded and cheered.

     Tom came  over in his sunglasses. "Well, looks like someone's having a..." He took the sunglasses off. "Ruff day." He screamed when he poked himself in the eye with his sunglasses.

     The catching of the thief actually ended up on the news, so that night, the Harpers, Millers, and a few friends gathered around in the Harper living room.

     "I can't believe the Harpers and the Millers are gonna be on TV!" This boy who I do not know the name of exclaimed.

     "And I can't believe I'm here with a celebrity!" Another friend chimed in.

     "I'm just a boy from boulder." Dicky said.

Oops, didn't know her name was Liv. Ignore that.

     "Oh, I just wanna snuggle him." Josie said in a baby voice.

     "Ladies, ladies. Tonight was supposed to be about the dog."

     Olivia rolled her eyes playfully at Dicky.

     Tom burst through the door. "Anne, our t-shirt problems are solved."

     Olivia stared at Nicky while Tom and Anne had a conversation about t-shirts or something.

     Nicky gasped. "It's coming on!"