Chapter eight- I Got Your Back

Today was the day. Olivia was finally old enough to join the school cheer team. She tried out a while ago, and today was the day she was finding out if she got on the team or not. 

     She was bouncing on her feet all day, and her family and the Harpers were seriously wondering if she was going to explode.

     "Attention Edgewood students." The very monotone voice of the principle announced over the speakers. "The rosters for all clubs and sports reams are now being posted. Go, buffaloes."

     Today was also the day that Dawn finds out if she made the soccer team or not.

     The quads and Olivia walked up to the bulletin board where the rosters were still being posted.

     "I-I'm so nervous." Dawn stammered. "What if I didn't make the team?" She turned around and shook Dicky's shoulders. "It'll be terrible. I'll be humiliated. But what if i did? Imagine. I'll be the first fifth grader to ever make the sixth grade team. I'll be a legend. But what if i didn't? It'll be like a horrible kick in the shins." She kicked Dicky in the shins.

     "Ow, can we switch now?"

     Nicky pfffted. "No way."

     "I can't look." Dawn said.

     "I'll look for both of us." Olivia took a deep breath and looked at the cheer leading and soccer rosters.

     She ran back to Dawn, and squealed. "We both made it!"

     Dawn squealed too, and the two girls started jumping together.

     "I made the soccer team, I made the soccer team!" Dawn sang. She laughed when the soccer team showed up behind her. "What's up teammates? Feels so good to say that. Teammates. Teamies."

     One of the girls chuckled. "Look, Dawn, you may have made the team, but you haven't made 'the team'. Come on, team." She lead the soccer team away.

     Olivia frowned. Hopefully, the cheer girls weren't like that.

     "So I made the team, but I haven't made 'the team'? What does that mean?"

     Nicky shrugged, and Dawn turned and shook Dicky's shoulders again. "What does that mean?!"

     When it was time for Olivia to meet the cheer team, she was very nervous.

     Nicky could sense her nerves, so he put a hand on her shoulder. "Relax, Livy. They'll love you."

     Olivia smiled. "Thanks, Nicky." She took a deep breath, giving him one last smile, and walked away to go meet them.

     Nicky was right. The girls were super nice, and they loved Olivia and thought she was really good. They all became good friends super fast.

     At lunch, Olivia found Nicky and went to sit with him. The cheer girls asked her if she wanted to sit with them, but she politely turned them down, telling them she had friends to sit with.

     He looked up when she sat down and smiled. "Hey Livy! How'd it go?"

     She grinned. "Great! You were right, they thought I was really good, and we became good fiends already."

     "Good."

     Dawn came and sat down with them and the three ate their lunch together.

     "What should I do?" Dawn asked due to the loud laughing of the soccer girls. "I mean, I don't know what to do, but what do you guys think I should do?"