Chapter twelve- The Quad(Plus Olivia)-Test

Nicky, Dicky, Dawn and Olivia sat at a table doing their homework in the store. Dawb was still in her soccer uniform and Olivia was still in her cheer leading uniform.

     "Hey, what'd you guys get for number two?" Dawn asked.

     "I got four." Nicky answered.

     "I drew a head." Dicky showed them the head he drew.

     Rikcy walked up. "Well, my life is officially over." He threw his backpack down. "My whole class saw... it."

     The other four gasped.

     "But you've always been so careful with it." Nicky said.

     "And always made sure to hide it." Dicky added.

     "And yet, there it was. So that's it. I'm giving up Blue Beary."

     Dicky scoffed. "Yeah, right. He's helped you get straight As on every test since pre-K. You can't give him up."

     "Well I can give him up easier than you can give up taking a bath with your little rubber duck." Ricky retaliated.

     "I don't need to take a bath with Ducky, I choose to. I enjoy our talks."

     "You talk to him like this, quack quack quack quack." Nicky told him.

     "Yeah. He's a duck. And what about you, Mitten Man? You still sleep with your baby mittens on your fingers and then rub your cheeks and your earlobes."

     "I don't rub the lobes anymore! Just the cheeks!"

     "Lobes and cheeks?" Josie asked as she set down their drinks. "What did I walk in on?"

     Dawn sighed. "These boys still have their security items from when they were babies. Kids."

     "Oh, you mean security thingies like this?" Ricky pulled a small blanket from Dawn's uniform.

     Dawn stood up quickly. "That is a sweat towel for soccer!"

     "Then why does it say Dawn's blanky?" Ricky asked.

     "None of you could last without your security items." Olivia said.

     "Neither could you." Dicky pulled out a Minnie Mouse with a cheer uniform stuffed animal.

" Dicky pulled out a Minnie Mouse with a cheer uniform stuffed animal

     "Minnie helps me cheer!"

     "Hey guys." Josie interjected. "Your childhood security items are nothing to be embarrassed about. When I was a kid, I had a princess Susie doll, until one day she was sunbathing, and my dad ran her over with our lawnmower. She was always there for me. But I wasn't there for her!" She ran away, sobbing.

     "Issues." Nicky said.

     Dawn sighed again. "Wow. Glad I'm not that attached to Blanky."