Chapter eleven- The Quadfather

Olivia was hanging out with Nicky in the store when Nicky's parents came up.

     "Hey, Nicky, ready for the quadfather tonight?" Tom asked.

     Nicky gasped excitedly. "Really?!"

     "Be prepared." Anne told him, and the two adults walked away.

     Nicky turned to Olivia, a huge smile on his face. "Livy, the quadfather's coming!"

     Olivia giggled at his enthusiasm. She knew it was just Tom in a beaver suit, but she would never ever tell Nicky, or any of the quads. 

     "Lets go tell the others!" Nicky ran off, and Oliva's smile grew and she followed him.

     When they got to the others, Nicky was jumping around and yelling, "The quadfather's coming! The quadfather's coming! I'm the luckiest boy in the world!" He ran off to go start his cooking and Olivia smiled at the other quads and Josie, waving, before following Nicky.

     Later, Nicky was cooking his meal, and Olivia stood across from him, being his taste tester.

     She was laughing at something he said, when Ricky, Dicky and Dawn walked in.

     "Uh, Nicky?" Dawn asked, getting their attention. "Before you sit down with the quadfather, there's something we have to tell you."

     Olivia looked at them curiously.

     Nicky held his hand out. "Later. I'm making sauce here. And that cheesy garlic bread is not gonna toast itself."

     "Nicky, we're not making anything, because the quadfather's really- He's just-"

     "Say it!"

     "Do it!"

     "He's dad!" Dawn finished.

     Olivia looked at them, shocked. How could they do that? Why would they do that?

     "That's ridiculous." Nicky laughed. "Dad's not Italian, he doesn't own a suit, and he doesn't have the teeth of a beaver!"

     Anne opened the slide thingy. "The quadfather will see you now."

     "You can live in your fantasy land, but I've got an Italian beaver to feed." Nicky took his meal and left.

     "How could you do that?" Olivia asked them. "Maybe he is just your dad, but Nicky doesn't know that yet, and here you come, crushing his dreams. He loves the quadfather! It's his favorite part of his birthday, which is supposed to be one of the best days of his year, and you just ruined it! You're lucky he didn't believe you. I'm disappointed in you guys." She shook her head at them. "And you should be too. Nicky would never do that to you, and you know it!"

     Nicky came in the kitchen. "The quadfather requests your presence." He told his siblings, and Olivia came too.

     Nicky stood next to the quadfather and Olivia stood next to him while the other three stood across from the quadfather.

     "So." The quadfather started. "You come to me with a wild accusation, and this, the week of your birthday."

     Dawn scoffed. "Really, dad? We're still doing this?"

     "Silencio. If I were your dad, would I eat like this?" The quadfather ate like a beaver.

     "Yes." Dicky answered.

     "Eh. If this is how you feel,then I guess you have no special requests for me."

     "We actually have one." Dawn told him. "We don't want the quadfather to make an appearance at our party."