Chapter five- Scaredy Dance

It was Halloween, and the five kids were excited.

     A dance was coming up, and none of them had dates yet.

     They were at the store at the moment, Nicky, Ricky and Olivia sat at the counter of the cafe, and Dicky and Dawn were a few feet away, doing whatever.

     "You know what the scariest thing about Halloween is?" Dawn asked, her and Dicky coming over to the rest of them.

     "Pfft. Your quadcopus costume." Olivia answered. "It's at times like those I'm glad I'm not a quad."

     "Eight tentacles but only one bag. What were we thinking?" Ricky asked.

     "I was gonna say the scariest thing about Halloween is that." Dawn pointed to her father, who was wearing a witch costume, and was at a cauldron.

     "Bubbling drew, dark and oozy. Who would like a trick or treat smoothie?" He asked in a witch voice. Then he cackled like a witch.

     The kids drank the smoothie, but immediately spit it out.

     "Too much trick?" Tom asked in his regular voice.

     "Tom." Anne came over, also in a witch costume. "When we agreed to dress as a witch and wizard, I thought it was clear which one of us would be the witch."

     Tom handed his broom to Dicky. "Sorry Anne, but if we have to have another cackle off, bring it!"

     The couple literally started to have a cackle off.

     Olivia laughed when they walked away. 

     "Correction- that's the scariest thing about Halloween." Dawn said.

     While the quads' parents decided to both dress as witches, Olivia's parents decided to dress as Jack Skelington and Sally.

     "Do you like our costumes?" Amanda asked as they came up.

     "It's better than our parents'." Dawn said.

     "Oh?"

     "They both dresses as witches." Olivia told her parents. "But I love your costumes! It's a great movie!"

     If you don't know what they're costumes are from, it's The Nightmare before Christmas. Great movie. Watch it if you haven't.

     Amanda smiled and kissed her daughter's head and Andrew ruffled her hair, before the pair walked away, leaving the kids alone.

     They sat down at a table.

     "Five Halloween smoothies, all treats, no trick." Josie, who was dressed as a lunch lady, put the smoothies down on their table.

     "Thanks Josie." Ricky said. "Nice lunch lady costume."

     "Oh, I'm not just any lunch lady. I'm sloppy Josie."

     "By the way, we're really psyched you're DJing our Halloween dance." Olivia said.

     "Oh, me too." Josie smiled. "I just hope the DJ booth can fit all this lunch in my trunk. Boop!" She smacked her butt before walking away.

     "I just hope the dance lives up to the hype." Ricky said.

     "You know who has two thumbs and does live up to the hype?" Dicky asked. "This guy!"He pointed at himself with his two thumbs. "And all everyone's talking about is who he's taking to the dance."

     "Nobody's talking about that." Ricky told him.

     "We're talking about it right now." Dicky said.