Chapter ten- Santa's Little Harpers (And Miller)

It was finally that time of year! Winter break! This year was a little different for Olivia because her parents were on vacation and wouldn't be back until Christmas eve. So, Tom and Anne got to tell her what to do, punish her, and basically act like her actual parents.

     "Yes!" Dawn yelled as she walked in with Nicky, Ricky and Olivia following. "Winter break has officially begun! Goodbye back pack. Hello couch back.

     "And of course, what would the holidays be without daring Dicky to lick the mailbox?" Ricky asked.

     Dicky came in with the mailbox on his tongue. "So uncool guys."

     The four laughed at him.

     "Okay fun time's over." Dawn announced. "Let's talk git snooping strategies. So... where do you think our parents hid the presents this year?"

     Since they do literally everything together, the Harpers and Millers spend Christmas together. And since they do, they hide Olivia's presents with the quads' presents.

     Dicky said something they couldn't understand.

     "What?"

     He said it again, but they still couldn't understand him. 

     "Wait a minute. What about the attic?"

     "Ricky, you're a genius!"

     Dawn, Olivia, Ricky and Nicky ran upstairs, and Dicky followed a little bit later.

     "I hope they got us a maxbox." Ricky commented when they were in the attic looking for their presents.

     "I know." Dicky agreed. "Last years's gaming system is so two years ago."

     Dawn pulled a cover off something to reveal all their presents.

     "Oooohhh."

     "Jackpot."

     "All right Nicky." Olivia handed her crush a present. "Work your magic."

     Nicky shook the present. "Socks."

     Ricky handed him another present. "Picture frame."

     He sniffed the present Dicky gave him. "Personalized mugs."

     "What?"

     "What are we, teachers?" Ricky asked.

     Nicky touched all the presents in the pile. "Guys, my snooping senses are tingling."

     "Yeah?"

     He stood up. "There's no maxbox here."

     "If there's no maxbox, what's the point of having Christmas at all?" Dicky asked.

     All of a sudden, there was bells jingling, and the kids turned around to see Santa.

     "No, no, no. I see five children who just made the naughty list."

     "Santa?"

     "We're sorry, we just really want a maxbox." Ricky quickly apologized.

     Santa took his hat off and pulled his beard down.

     "Dad?"

     "Mr. Harper?"

     "Yeah, just trying on the old suit. Can't let the kids at the store down. They look forward to it every year. Everybody loves Santa. He's jolly and fun!"