Chapter four- Field Of Brains

Dawn laughed. "I can't believe you think Snuggle Squirrels 1 is better than Snuggle Squirrels 2."

     "I just think the snuggling is more believable in the original." Nicky said.

     The five were at the cafe in the store. Nicky and Olivia were behind the counter, and Ricky, Dicky, and Dawn sat on the stools on the other side of the counter.

     "What about the third one?" Dicky asked. "The empire snuggles back."

     Ricky put his pen down. "I'm not discussing this with you until you read the books." He said to his siblings.

     "You should read the books." Olivia said. "They're so good."

     The other three just shook their heads.

     "No, no, no." Josie's friend said as they walked over. "The worst zombie movie ever is Zombabes."

     Josie sighed. "I know. So lame. Zombies aren't supposed to go to beach parties. Or surf."

     The two girls pretended like they were zombies surfing.

     "Give me the classic.. Must eat brains. Rawr!" Josie acted like a regular zombie, and so did her friends.

     The quads and Olivia looked at them weirdly.

     The two teens stopped when they saw the five kids.

     "Oh. Maybe we shouldn't be talking about this stuff in front of kids." Josie's friend whispered the last part.

     "Who, us?" Dawn asked. "Whaaaaaat? We watch scary movies all the time. What else would we watch? Snuggle squirrels?"

     The four other kids agreed, wanting the big kids to take them seriously. 

     "Then you must be really excited for tonight." Josie's friend said.

     "Sure." Nicky said. "Mom and Mrs. Miller's meatloaf. They add paprika. It's a winner."

     Olivia smiled.

     "She's talking about Field of Brains." Josie said. "The scariest classic zombie movie ever. It's on TV tonight. Uncut. Unrated."

     "And unbelievably SCARY." Josie's friend finished, making the five kids jump. "See you tonight." She told Josie."

     "Uh. Obviously we're watching Field of Brains tonight." Dawn yelled.

     "Duh!" Olivia said.

     "Guys. You don't have to pretend." Josie told them. "We all know you're too young for scary movies. And by the way, the snuggle squirrels are adorable. Like you guys." She ruffled Dicky's hair and walked away.

     "Did you hear that?" Dawn asked.

     "Yeah." Dicky smiled. "She called me adorable. Our will they, won't they tension  is electric."

     Olivia rolled her eyes. "No. She called us too young."

     "That is the worst type of young." Dawn slammed her cup on the counter.

     "She's right, though." Nicky said. "We've never really seen a scary movie."

     "Well that ends tonight." Dawn said. "We are watching field of brains."

     Grizz Coyote was sitting at the store that week, surviving on nothing but grit, determenation, and the sweat of his socks.

     The parents laughed over how he could survive anything.