Chapter 15: Two Hands...

Enji's POV

I had notified her parents that I was going to visit them. I didn't want to set up a meeting at my office- probably would scare them off that easy. Shoto was off at home, I believe. Raising my fist to the wooden door, I rapped it with two of my knuckles. I could hear it echoing inside of the house- just 3 loud knocks.

"Ah- Mr. Todoroki!" I hear when they had opened the door. "Sir, please come in."

I did so, walking inside and seeing the two somewhat shuffling in their spots. I believe it was really my presence that scared them like this. Obviously... I doubt they ever met someone with a high power in corporations as me. The highest they probably saw were basic workers at a store. Nothing like an CEO.

"Would you like some tea? Or coffee perhaps?"

"Coffee sounds nice." 

The woman walked off to get the coffee as the man led me into the living room. I took a seat, grunting a bit as I awkwardly stayed in this empty silence. I opened my mouth a bit, to start a conversation. But honestly... I didn't know what to say.

Should I straight up approve of their relationship? Should I say what I expected from Shoto's girlfriend? This was the first I ever heard of one of my children wanting to date someone. I never thought that they would want to date anyone during their high school years. I mean... I never had a thought like that. I truly didn't.

"About... about my son and your daughter..."

"Ah, don't worry about them." The father had said, chuckling a bit. "My daughter loves your son. I have no worries between the two of them."

The woman walked back with the cup of coffee. "Sorry, sir. We didn't formally introduce ourselves. I'm Kiko and that's my husband, Mojiro."

"Pleasure to meet you two."

I sighed heavily, taking a deep breath. It shouldn't be this awkward anymore. We'll get to the point of when they would want to be by each other's side as they go into adulthood. A likely chance that those two kids would marry... a chance that these family members of hers would be ours as well.

"About... about my son and your daughter..." I began once more, not able to say what I wanted to say. "I... are you sure that these two love each other? Not one preying on the other?"

"Do you think (y/n) would even dare touch the rewards of being Shoto's girlfriend?" Asked the father, shaking his head. "I know her- we both raised her. She works during her free time, so she doesn't ask for much. Just the other day, when Shoto came over to pick her up, he was the one offering her a lot of things- (y/n) somewhat rejected it. I doubt that she's there to feed off of Shoto. I believe it's true love."

"True love..." I chuckled softly, "it sounds like it was out of a fairy tale book. Almost seemingly impossible..."

"Well..." The mother had spoke, smiling softly. "I have no doubt that their love is true. If you want, you can get to understand our daughter even more. It may help you understand Shoto even more."

"I didn't ask-"

Kiko continued on, ignoring me. Oh well. I gotta be used to this anyways. "They are such a cute couple- oh, we should have dinner together soon. Maybe we'll all get together?"

Both pairs of eyes were on me. Taking a deep breath, I nodded my head. "Of course... just give me a date and I'll arrange everything."