Chapter 7: Goodbyes

Todoroki's POV

As the girls were all wrapping up on their shopping, I just stood there to the side. The image of (y/n) in the dress continued to haunt me. How dare she look... that cute... in that dress. Just remembering it just wanted me to see her again in that dress. I don't know why... but I just longed to see that. Until we get to the dance... I won't be able to see her like that.

I didn't want to leave the girls alone until (y/n)'s father came by to get the girls. Then I'll leave. I guess it was one of the most gentleman-thing to do... but I did it because I was worried. I didn't know when he was arriving to pick both Chie and (y/n)... and I didn't need a ride at all. Besides, this would've been great to spite Father.

"Oh, Dad's here." (y/n) says, jumping up from her seat. 

I smiled, getting up from my seat. "I'll get going when he pulls up. Maybe I'll call you later tonight?"

(y/n) smiles softly, chuckling a bit. "M-Maybe... if I'm not busy. Though my parents would probably pry into my contacts to see who I'm talking to."

"That's fine."

The car slowly came up, and I see this elderly-looking man. He rolls down the window, chuckling a bit. "Hey, sweetie- Chie too. Ready to go home now?" The girls unanimously nodded their heads and got inside the car. The man look towards me, slightly giving me a smile and slightly giving me a scowl. "You're the boy she was hanging out with?"

Honesty is the best policy. "Yeah, I am. I don't think we met properly."

"Not at all. Do you need a ride, boy?"

I shook my head, vaguely pointing at the parking lot. "My car's over there."

"You drive?"

I nodded my head, not wanting to lie. "Yeah. I got my license as early as possible. My father got me a car so I wouldn't have to hassle some people to get where I needed to go. I didn't want to leave until (y/n) and Chie were leaving with you."

The man nodded his head in an approving way. "Alright then. You have a good night, boy."

I waved those three away as they began to drive away. I chuckled softly, walking to my car and heading off home. Father should be away on his business, so I should have free-rein of the house. Thankfully, because I would've had a scolding because I was coming home this late. Not to mention I haven't told or shown him my dyed hair.

*   *   *

Your POV

"That was the boy you guys were hanging out with?" Dad had asked you, driving towards the house. Chie was staying over for the night- to make up for the fact of shopping this late. "Who was he?"

"I told you- his name is Shoto. You don't need to call him 'boy' every single time you don't remember his name."

"Shoto... he seems nice. Completely different than what I thought of him. I would've thought that he would've left you the second you guys were done. But the fact he stayed with you girls until I came by... that changes my whole point of view of him."

Chie chuckles a bit, elbowing you gently. "That's a Todoroki for you."

Dad fell silent a bit, not saying a word. Through the rear-view mirror, you could see his mouth agape. "Wait... Todoroki...? I heard of that name before... Shoto Todoroki..."

"The son of Enji Todoroki." You say, sinking deeply into your seat. "Shoto's the heir of Todoroki Industries. That's why you might've heard his name before..."

Dad was silent much longer. "H-Heir...? (y/n), what did you get yourself into...?" He gives with a soft chuckle, shrugging it off. "He must be risking a lot trying to be with you... don't make it too much of a hassle to him, okay? He must be beyond stressed than what his future role must be..."

You nodded your head, looking out of the window. "I won't. That I promise."