Chapter 17

Valentine's Day,

2013

Chris woke up around two that afternoon. He climbed out of bed with a yawn before moving into his bathroom to get dressed. He checked his phone for any messages from Francis then shuffled down to the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee. He stared contently at his sweater which he laid on the counter while his coffee brewed.

Once finished he placed four sugar cubes and a splash of cream into his drink before shuffling to the lobby to drink it in the darkness and contemplated different scenarios in his mind.

He finished his coffee then walked quietly back into the kitchen to place his cup in the sink, leaving his things on the couch as he did so. He then walked back into the lobby and looked at the clock above the main doors which read two fifty-three. He picked up His things, slid his sunglasses over his eyes, and walked out the main doors of the dorm, heading for the main school building.

***

Daisuke sat nervously in class shaking his leg. He held a box of chocolates in his hand with a note which read "Mira" on it as he waited for the bell to ring. "Bro, calm down. If you stress out you're just gonna make yourself look desperate. Just chill man." Hatsury chimed from behind his friend.

Daisuke whipped his head around and looked up at him. "It's not like your gonna give anyone chocolates today! God dude, put yourself in my shoes!" He replied frustrated.

Hatsury rolled his eyes then leaned over his desk to look his best friend in the face. "If I was in your shoes, I'd just stop being a pussy." He teased with a smirk.

Daisuke felt his blood start to boil, he opened his mouth to speak just as the bell rang, causing Hatsury to sling his bag over his shoulder, wink at Daisuke then leave the room.

Daisuke took a deep breath to collect himself then stood up, he put the chocolates carefully in his shoulder bag and headed out of the classroom.

He walked down the hallway, down two flights of stairs then out the back doors of the school building and started heading to the sun dorms. He was looking down at the ground as he carried his shoulder bag when suddenly he walked straight into someone causing him to trip and fall.

"Ah shit sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going I didn't mean to hit you ma-" Daisuke's words were cut off when a hand extended down to help him up.

"No worries," Chris said as he wrapped his hand around Daisuke's and pulled him to his feet.

Daisuke smiled at Chris. "It's just been one of those days." He said dusting himself off.

"I can imagine," Chris replied shoving his hands in his sweater pockets. "Mind if I walk with you?" He asked politely.

"Not at all," Daisuke replied as he started once again for his dorm, he suddenly realized that the man wasn't wearing a uniform.

"I didn't get your name," Daisuke said looking the tall blonde man up and down.

"Christopher can call me Chris." He replied before letting out a yawn. "and you are?" He asked.

"Daisuke." He replied. "Chris, do you go to this school?" He asked as they walked.

"I do" Chris replied. He paused before explaining further. "We're just, not in the same class." He explained.

Daisuke furrowed his brows. "I mean I've been going here for two years now I don't usually forget a face, even if you weren't in any of my immediate classes I should have at least seen you around." Daisuke cut himself off with a pause then his eyes lit up. "You're in the night class?" He said lowly but his voice filled with excitement, making sure no one else heard.