Chapter 10

The clouds in the sky were ominous, the moon was just peaking out like a beacon in the fog. The clouds seem to engulf it like waves in the ocean, taking it and leaving it as they pleased. The air was cool and calm but every so often there were wind gusts that sent chills down the spine. The aura around the academy tonight was eerie like something could happen at any moment.

Not a soul could be found in the sun dorms, they were all in the school building in the ballroom, a party of sorts was being held for the students. With that being said, The night class was nestled in their dorm, locked in tight for the evening.

Mira stood in the darkness in her new room. She enjoyed the new view in this room much better then her last, it showed out the back of the dorm instead of the front and it had a balcony, All of the dorm rooms that faced the back of the dorm did. She turned her attention to her full body mirror as she did a full spin. Her red locks dangling down to her waist. she zipped up her leafy green bodysuit. She placed on her leafy headband and smiled in the mirror. Her nails matching the color of her hair. She smirked as she walked into the bathroom. "Boys and girls of every age," She sang to herself as she glued on her long false eyelashes. She blinked a few times, her lime green contacts covering her ocean blue eyes. She double-checked that everything looked in order before walking over to her door and sliding on her leafy boots that blended perfectly with her vine winding leggings. "Wouldn't you like to see something strange?" She continued as she grabbed her purse and her keys.

She walked out of her dorm room door onto the balcony above the lobby and locked her door. She looked around to see not a single soul in sight as she placed her keys in her purse. Faint thumping could be heard from the left side first floor of the dorm. She walked down the hallway slowly. "Come with us and you will see," she sang as she made her way down the grand staircase.

"This our town of Halloween." a male voice sang from behind her. Mira glanced to the side as the figure caught up to her and walked beside her. Ginko looked Mira up and down as he walked. He had demon horns sticking out of his head and was carrying a pitchfork with a devil tale attached to his belt, and was wearing a red dress shirt with a black tie and black pants. "Well don't you look cute tonight." He Chimed as they took their final step off the stairs.

"I could say the same thing devil tail," Mira smirked. Ginko grinned.

"Wanna explain to me again why you went with poison ivy instead of a witch?" Gin asked. Mira shrugged as they tucked under the staircase and headed down the corridor to the kitchen.

"Rima said something about a group costume theme with her and Senri so I agreed. she kept saying we needed to find a fourth so I wasn't third-wheeling, but everyone she asked said they all already had a costume planned. I didn't wanna let her down so I stuck with it." She sighed.

"Makes sense." Ginko responded. Mira glanced both ways down the corridor before pushing open the kitchen door to find the counters completely stocked with sweets. Candy and caramel apples, ghost-shaped cookies, brownies, chocolates, and a cooler full of what looked like popsicles. Ginko tapped her on the shoulder as he pointed at the punch bowl.

"Jackpot" Mira whispered before running over in her heels. "Keep watch," Mira said to Gin, he nodded as a response and stood by the door. Mira pulled a bottle of chapter 9 English whiskey out of her bag and dumped the entire thing into the punch. Staring as she did so. She put the empty bottle back in her purse and ran over stealing a ghost cookie before making her way back to Ginko. "Come on Gin lets go!" She whisper yelled ushering him out the door, the black mouse sitting on the floor behind the door as it swung closed.

***

"Oh, you naughty girl," Chris said out loud. He was zoned out staring at the wall in Stephan and Riley's room through his mask. Francis was mid-sip of his beer when he glanced to his immediate left and slowly lowered it.