Chapter 9

Mira crept into her room around 9 am and realized Ginko wasn't there. "That's odd." She said out loud to herself. She kicked off her shoes and then threw her jacket down on the chair on her desk. She walked around in a circle as she stretched her arms above her head and tilted her head to the side to crack her neck.

A loud crack could be heard as she let out a small sigh of relief. She made her way over to the body mirror in the corner of the room and turned to her side checking herself out over her shoulder. She smiled at herself a mocked a kiss before walking away and unzipping her skirt. It dropped around her ankles and she stepped out of it revealing her cute purple panties. She sighed as she unbuttoned her blouse, walking over to her closet as she did so. Her shirt hung open exposing her belly button piercing and her matching bra as she looked for a T-shirt to put on.

She dug into her closet and found a nirvana t-shirt she got from Thomas for Christmas in middle school, it was an extra-large because he knew she liked to sleep in them. She laughed at the thought and pulled it off the hangar. She shrugged off her black button up top and took the red ribbon out of her hair. She sat on the edge of her bed and pulled off her thigh-high black socks tossing them in the laundry hamper across the room. She unclasped her bra and dropped it on the floor beside the bed before shrugging on her large T-shirt and then she leaned over to her nightstand. She pulled out a joint and laid on her bed. Lighting it as she stared at the ceiling.

She took a long inhale of it as she closed her eyes, French inhaling it before blowing it out. She ashed it on the ashtray on her nightstand. She pondered the events of tonight. Francis seemed like a genuinely nice guy. she liked the way he was always so gentle and sweet. Riley seemed like the silent nerdy type that just kinda gets dragged into everything. Stephan seemed like an average joe. And Chris, she thought to herself. Well, Chris seemed like he's trying to get somewhere with her she didn't want to go. She didn't think any of them were bad men, she didn't see any one of them as a threat.

Her mind trailed off and she started thinking about zero, she wondered what was so terrible in his past to make him hate vampires so much. As hunters, the job is to only execute vampires that have gone off the rails, not the ones that have been keeping to themselves and mean no harm. She wondered if it was worth digging over.

She glanced at the clock on the wall and realized it was almost 9 am, and that Zero and Yuki also Daisuke and Hatsury would be just getting to classes. She got out of bed and walked over to the large window in her room and opened it up to let the air in and the smoke out as she put out the joint, Looking towards the main school building. She could hear the faint chattering of students conversing in the morning.

She sighed, she missed day classes but knew that this was for the best, she wondered about Daisuke, she'd spent the last few days trying to get ahold of him but she either couldn't find him or he wouldn't call her back. She left the window open and walked over to her bed. She picked up her iPhone and texted him. She paced back and forth a few times before sitting and staring at it waiting for a response.

[M: Hey, Just checking in. How are things?] she messaged. Underneath it said 'read 9:03 am' She waited patiently biting her lip. She looked out the window once more than heard the Receive message noise. She looked down quickly.

[D: They're Good, come for a fire tn? I miss you.] He replied. He placed his bags down in class and glanced over to Zero who was dead to the world and back at his phone with a smile.

[M: Sure thing, I'll cut after lunch classes and meet you there around 12:30] he got back right away. He nudged Hatsury on the shoulder and showed him his phone. Hatsury smiled.

[D: alright, see you tonight. ] Mira smiled and turned off her screen, she plugged her phone in and put it down on her nightstand. Just as she was crawling under her blankets Ginko walked into the room trying to be extremely quiet.