Chapter 5

The headmaster stared patiently out his window as he waited for the students he had summoned, he sipped his tea and cuddled into his scarf. As he ran his finger along the rim of his cup he gave a small hum as the steam from his tea fogged up his glasses.

He then heard a knock at the door.

"Come in~" he spoke.

Mira entered the office in uniform, her hair was dressed down today.

"You asked for me, sir?" Mira spoke.

"Yes, sit down please." He asked, still not facing her, standing in front of the window.

Mira entered the office closing the door behind her as he approached the desk and took his seat.

Mira glanced at the chair in front of her and then kindly pulled it further from the desk and sat down, placing her hands in her lap, one leg draped over the other.

"Mira, I've decided that I'm going to start training you at the hunter's council. I would like to dig into your hunter's side and if you can use an anti-vampire weapon we will have one made for you, and I would also like to make you Zeros partner for all council business for the time being. So you both will be training under Yagori." Mira's face was contorted in confusion and fear.

"But sir, what about what we spoke about? About people finding-" he cut her off.

"I have given Yagori strict instructions, and your secret is safe in this circle. No one will speak a word about your hunters Gene unless you do yourself." His eyebrow was raised as he spoke with her, but her face didn't seem to change.

"Or is it the fact that you don't want your past to come back and haunt you?" He asked genuinely.

"I just don't want people to know about my bloodline. I don't want anyone to dislike me from where I came from. As far as everyone thinks I'm just an aristocrat, and I especially don't want Kaname to know we have the same blood Heritage because that could be the end of me if I can't defend myself, I haven't even figured out my powers yet-" she was picking up speed as she spoke, before being completely interrupted by a knock at the door.

Zero entered the office, also in uniform.

"You've requested me?" Zero asked as he walked in, glancing at Mira out of the corner of his eye.

"Yes, there's something I'd like to run by you." Kaien eyed Mira.

"All of this will be taken care of, I may talk like an idiot sometimes but I do know what I'm doing, you just need to trust me. Okay?" He added.

Mira sat there with tears in her eyes as she thought about how badly this could end, she nodded, keeping her face from zero. Kaien smiled and turned his attention toward Zero, Zero felt himself grow tense when he caught a glimpse of her looking panicked, He completely bit his tongue and told himself that it wasn't his problem and that he didn't care anyway.

"From this point forward on the Weekend during the day Mira will be training with You and Yagori at the hunter's council." Zero looked angry.

"Are you sure about this!? This isn't another one of your stupid experimental plans!? What the hell are you thinking letting a vampire into the council like that." He hissed, slamming his hands down on the desk, causing Mira to jump.

"This is non-negotiable. You are also not to speak a word of this to anybody. Not even Yuki. Understand?" He asked sipping his tea right after.

"Understood." He said back flatly after clearing his throat while resuming his composure.

Mira glanced at Zero with a nervous expression out of the corner of her eye, then Kaien Smiled with his eyes closed.

***