Chapter 21|| "Too late."

"But does she really wanna

But can't stand to see me walk out the door

Don't try to fight the feeling

Because the thought alone is killin' me right now"

-Hey Ya! by the OutKast

Chapter 21

"But you have to agree, out of the all the guys in our college, Arjun is the hottest looking one," Arya swooned. I groaned at her before going back to my assignment.

"He is perfect, come on!"

"You just like him because he can sing and play the guitar," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"And play basketball like a god, hello. I mean just because you're dating now doesn't mean you can overlook the hotness of Arjun Desai."

"Pch. Arjun's got nothing on Ethan," I smirked.

"Puh-lease. But anyways, how's it going?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

I paused for a while before replying, "Its great—"

"Uh-oh, you paused."

I was hoping she would overlook that, but Arya is a great damn observer.

I sighed and placed my pen down, "I'm being paranoid but like Ethan has a best friend and they are super close—"

"And you think they are similar to Soham and what was your friend's name--?"

"Trisha, but I know its stupid of me to think so but I'm just so—"

"No, Jennifer, its completely okay for you to be afraid that something in your past will be repeated but that does not mean it will, right?"

I nodded, solemnly.

"Have you met her?"

"Nah, not yet, like I've been making excuses to Ethan about it and I know he is getting suspicious but how do I explain it to him? I can't just tell him that, 'hey I don't want to meet your best friend because I'm afraid to see whether you're secretly in love with her because a guy in my past was in love with his and that messed me up for a while'."

Arya chuckled, "Yes, well that won't go well. Also, heads up, Shruti is coming over—"

And just on cue, Shruti, one of our classmates, plopped down across from me.

"Guys, I have so much to tell y'all. So my boyfriend—"

"The guy you met on Bumble?" Arya asked.

"Yes, we are dating now and he just shared with me that he has had sex with a lot of foreigners and that kind of excites me because I don't have much experience about—"

"Ethan said that he will pick me up in a bit so maybe I should wait for him at the college gates, I'll hear you out tomorrow, Shruti, bye guys," I waved at them while winking at a scowling Arya.

I pulled out my phone as soon as I left the canteen and sent a text to Ethan asking him just that. He sent me an affirmative reply instantly.

Just then, my phone beeped with another message.

I hate you.

It was Arya. I chuckled out loud.

I know you love me and Ethan is coming to pick me up.

I bet you told him to right after you left me alone, btw I think you should meet up with his best friend, you will rest in peace after that.