Chapter 18|| "0.0007"

I promised I'd be back with an update, didn't I? x

"Babe, this is all there is left

And your touch, was all that was felt

But we fell apart, take me back to the start"

did you/fall apart, Prateek Kuhad

Chapter 18

Jeremy and I were walking down the stairs of the church after the Sunday morning mass when someone called him from behind.

We turned around to see a familiar face pacing towards us. I tried remembering his name but knowing my sad memory, I gave up within seconds. I can remember faces and I can remember names, at times, but somewhere in the match the following, I always got lost or more specifically wrong.

Which needless to say, has led to quite a few embarrassing moments.

Advice: It's just better to refer to him or her as dude till someone says we should keep in touch and you hand over your phone to them to enter their number and name and tada there you have it.

Trust me, this works.

Other than the one time, this girl gave me back my phone saying, 'oh, just save my number as whatever you want,' and I fake chuckled while cursing her in my mind.

'Miss. Birthmark on neck', you should have just saved your name.

Bitch.

"Hi Derek!"

Ah, Derek it is. I scanned him and recalled the last I saw of him, he was a toothy little kid who was too afraid to even raise his hand in class. Man, puberty hit him hard.

I saw him scan my face too before realization struck him. I smiled awkwardly.

Bet, he was thinking that puberty missed me.

By a long shot, Derek.

A very long shot.

Not everyone gets as lucky as you, my boy—

"Jennifer, hey, how long has it been?" he beamed at me, interrupting my inner rant.

"Hi, very, if you ask me," I replied, adding a fake chuckle.

"Are you back home for good?"

Nothing good, yet.

"Yes, joined a college here."

He grinned and nodded at me for a moment before turning back to Jeremy.

"So, I'm hosting a sorta school reunion thing at my house, this weekend, you should be there, I mean you both should be there," gesturing between the two of us.

"Sure, man, it's been a while—" Jeremy said.

"I know right? All of us have just dispersed off—"

"I don't think I belong there—" I mumbled awkwardly.

Jeremy and Derek stopped their excited chatter to look at me. I squirmed under their gaze.

"You know, I left school long back and it's a school reunion, I barely know anyone—"

"Are you insane? You are as much as a part of the school alumni as we are, I'm looking forward to seeing you both, don't disappoint me, Jennifer," he added, winking at me.

I gave him a chuckle and this time, it was genuine.

"Okay, I gotta go, but see you on Saturday at around 7?"