Chapter 5|| "Late is late."

Faster updates, shorter waits? You're welcome xD

Spread the word that I'm back xo

Chapter 5

9:07 and yet, there was no sign of Sarah Rodrigues.

Right on cue, I heard the purr of an engine in front of the store and the person in question getting down with giggles spewing from her mouth.

I rolled my eyes.

I swear I could hear their sweet-talking all the way through the goddamnit glass.

I ignored them until he revved up his engine and was gone followed by a blushing Sarah stumbling in.

I looked at her pointedly.

"Uhm, hi," she said with a wave of her hand.

"You're late."

She looked at her phone before replying, "By eight minutes."

"Late is late."

"Its also a weekday. We always have a slow start—"

"You are still late."

"Seriously, Jen?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at me.

I knew what she meant even without her saying it aloud. She was referring to the countless times I've turned up later than an hour.

I huffed.

"Okay, new rules. No one comes late even by one minute. Everyone comes atleast five minutes beforehand," I state with authority in my tone.

"Fine by me," she said, shrugging.

We worked in silence for a while before curiosity wormed its way into my mind.

No, Jennifer don't go there.

No--

"So, Soham and you, huh?"

What the hell, Jennie?

Why so desperate to open the Pandora box?

It's okay, I just don't care. No matter what she says. I'm so over him.

She turned to face me with a blush evident on her face.

"He is just wow—like seriously—he's considerate, sweet with just the right touch of arrogance—" insert giggles, to which I almost gagged—"and hot, like very hot—" insert more giggles.

I rolled my eyes before I could stop myself. Soham was a charmer so no surprise there.

"And he makes me laugh or smile the entire time. He's kinda perfect. Shit, do I sound lovestruck?" she suddenly asked me with widened eyes.

Uhm, yes. Like duh.

Instead I plastered a fake smile on my face and said, "You sound like someone who is enjoying the relationship."

What am I even saying?

"Oh, we aren't official or anything. We have just gone on a few dates. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend or anything—"

"Don't worry. He will ask you soon. He's always been extremely slow when it comes to feelings."

I remembered him and Trisha right then. It took him years to confess his feelings to her and that didn't even turn out the way he wanted it to.

"I mean I hope because I—" she trailed off, blushing.

"Really like him," I completed the sentence for her with an involuntary sigh.