Chapter 6|| "Guys!"

Chapter 6 is here! Like asdkdjsbvsraeb

I cannot believe that I overcame my laziness to reach chapter 6. Its only because of you guys :*

Anyways, enjoy!

Chapter 6

"HOLLA JENNIFER! Jen—"

"JENNIE BABY—"

"JENNIFER—"

"Oh my god, guys! Please stop!"

I watched as my so called friends completely ignored me to do a weird tribal dance in the middle of the store.

Like right in the middle.

Like what the fuck were they doing?

Why are they my friends?

"Seriously guys, what if there was a customer in here? When mom calls about scaring off her precious customers, I'll just hand the phone over to you. Y'all will deal with her wrath and God forbid if she actually comes down here."

Tanya, Trisha and Shreya froze as they looked at me warily as if deciphering whether I was being serious or I was just joking.

I gave them the best stinky eye that I could. In normal circumstances, I would have joined them but I was genuinely scared that any of the customers will see it and then all hell can break loose if mom gets the wind of it.

They sighed collectively as Trisha mumbled, "You are no fun anymore."

Ouch.

"So what should I owe this surprise visit to? Sorry guys, if you're looking at my mom's dresses, none of them are for sale r—"

"Jennie, we came to meet you," Shreya cut me off.

"Yeah, we've had enough of your mom's dresses," Tanya chimed in.

Trisha hugged me while saying, "We miss having you around."

I hugged her back before I got a whiff of something familiar.

"You liar, you are coming from Jeremy's bakery. You reek of his cakes," I stated smugly.

She grinned sheepishly at me before replying, "You know his bakery was on the way. We just stopped for a bit and got free cake."

I gasped.

"He never gives me free cake."

"Well, you don't give him free suits," Tanya argued.

I glared at her.

"Hey, these were his words. Don't shoot the messenger. We did ask cake for you."

"This merchandise is not mine. If he wants them free, he can ask mom and she might even give it to him. Golden boy and all," I said, rolling my eyes.

They exchanged glances with each other which I didn't miss but didn't comment upon.

"Jennifer—"

"I know what you're about to say. Save it," I said, cutting off Trisha.

I know I was being rude but the injustice that my parents did was always a sore topic for me.

The light atmosphere suddenly turned into a tense one and I regretted it instantly. This afternoon wasn't supposed to go like this.

Right on cue, I heard the door swing open and I was almost relieved with the distraction.

Any form of distraction even if it came in the form of—