Chapter 69

"Sky? Are you okay?" I hear as the door suddenly the door bursts open. Jake sees my situation and strides across the room. He swiftly punches Mark in the mouth- knocking him out cold.

I sit up and watch as Jake pins him to the floor and continues to punch. Mark can't defend himself. Good. I'm glad. After several more beatings Jake turns to me for a split second. He notices my face and bruises wrists and throat and pulls me into a hug.

"Sky, I'm so sorry I wasn't here sooner. I had my headphones on and then saw the door handle move and I thought something must be wrong" Jake says begining to cry.

"Please, get me out of here" I say regaining my dignity slightly by straightening out my skirt and pulling my tights up.

Jake punches the helpless body below him one more time and picks me up bridal style, carrying me out of the school. I can't stop crying. What did I do to deserve it? Yeah I embarrassed him but did he really have to go and do that? I thought he was going to rape me. Even worse, I thought he was going to kill me.

---

"Rachel call the cops" Jake says as he puts me in his car.

"What?" Jake's sister asks confused.

"Just do it" He orders, she does as he says and dials 911 on her phone. She hands it to him and he speaks to the operator. "Police please. Attempted rape and other sexual assaults. Princeton high school. Mark Phillips. 17. Skylar Potter. 16"
He tells the person on the other side of the line. "He's currently unconscious in room 261 on the first floor. Ok thanks."

"Are you okay? You don't look too good" Rachel asks as she looks me up and down.

"Leave her alone" Jake orders, pulling out of the parking space.

"Take me home" I ask quietly.

---

"BOYS" Jake shouts opening my front door. Rachel and I follow him into the house. The remaining boys run to greet us.

"What happened?" Nash asks as Gilinsky takes me into his arms. He kisses my forehead and tells me everything is alright. It's not alright. I- I was nearly raped.

"Take her upstairs" Jake orders.

Gilinsky carries me upstairs and places me into my now dry bed- I guess the boys felt bad and sorted it out. That's the last thing I have to worry about right now. He turns to leave but I stop him.

"Jack, please stay with me" I plea
"Okay Sky, I'm right here" he says climbing in next to me.

"I was so scared Jack"

"What happened sky?"

"He pinned me down and punched me and touched me and I hit him over the head and ran for the door but he grabbed me and pulled me back and punched again"

"Who did?"

"Mark"

"I'll be right back. I promise you." He says kissing my head and getting out of the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll be right back"

-Jake's POV-

"You guys need to sit down to hear this" I tell the guys as I make my way to the couch. I sit and watch for the rest of them to follow suit.

"What happened to Sky?" Taylor asks. He's genuinely worried about her. He's going to blame me- I know he is.

"Did I ever tell you about that guy Mark Phillips?"

"Didnt he go to jail for rape or something?" Johnson speaks up "I remember Nate told me"