Chapter 13

After about an hour of talking, watching tv and making vines (what do you expect? These boys are viners after all) the doorbell rings, I stand up quickly to answer it.

"Hey Sky"
"Look what the cat dragged in" I say, my British roots bursting through
"Sorry, we, er, lost track of time" Taylor replies
"Whatever" I say walking back to the lounge. I sit down next to Hayes as Taylor comes in looking confused.
"What's up with you?" He snaps as if we are the only ones in the room
"Nothing. What's up with you?" I reply coldly. Taylor makes his way closer to Hayes and I. Hayes places his hand on my back as he sees me tense up.
"Why are you being like this?"
"Being like what?"
"Why are you being so cold? I'm your best friend"
"Yeah you're my best friend"
"So what?"
"It's just a shame that I'm not yours" I say standing and walking towards the door
"What?" I choose not to reply, instead I walk straight out the door and make my way along the road.

I probably owe him an explanation. I'm sick of him blowing me off without so much of an explanation. Maybe he's getting sick of me? School starts in 4 days so soon he won't have to see me for every second of every day. You're probably wondering where all of this came from right? I've realised that when I met him and he actually showed an interest in me, I should have shown an interest in him back. Rather than leading him on and then going after Matt, look where that got me. Maybe this thing with Hayes is a good thing? Maybe it will help me get over Taylor and Matt? Maybe it will draw me closer to them? I honestly have no clue what to do. I like Hayes. A lot. But is that romantically or just as a little brother? How weird would that be? Dating my younger brother.

"Sky!" I hear behind me, I turn to see Matt running after me. Great, Matt- the last person on Earth I'd want to talk to right now.
"What Matt?" I say sternly, stopping so that he will catch up with me.
"Wanna talk?"
"Not really" I say speed walking away from him, except this time he doesn't run after me.
"You don't always have to push people away you know" I stop walking and turn to look at him "I know you've been hurt before, so many times, but not everyone is out to hurt you" He says walking very slowly towards me
"What would you know?"
"I know that I hurt you and did a bad thing. I should have just told you that the commitment was scaring me and we could have got through it together. But no, I went and cheated, breaking your heart in the process. But not everyone is like me. Taylor would never want to hurt you"
"Matt, why are you telling me this now?"
"Because I've finally realised that I seriously regret hurting you and losing you. I miss you Sky"
"If you missed me that much then why didn't you get in contact with me sooner?"
"Because I was scared"
"Scared of what?"
"Scared to tell you what I should have told you months ago"
"That you're dating my best friend?"
"That I still love you"