Chapter 26

"Tay" I say softly but he keeps looking forward "None of this was your fault. Nothing is ever your fault, it's mine. I got jealous."

"Jealous of what?" He still looks straight ahead, looking alert as if he is driving as carefully as he can.

"You. Mia. Matt. Amy. Shawn. Everyone really."

"You're jealous of Shawn?" He sounds confused.

"He's got everything planned out. He knows exactly what he wants in life and he's going to get it- we all know he will. He's got his eye on a girl and no doubt he'll get that too. I just don't know what I want to do with my life." I explain

"You don't have to know! You're 15!" He exclaims

"I do Tay"

"No you don't!"

"I can't just sponge off of you for the rest of my life. You'll forget about me just like everyone else does."

He pulls over to the side of the road and turns fully in his seat to face me. He cups my face with his hands and takes a deep breath. "Skylar, I am not going to forget about you! How could I ever forget my best friend in the whole entire world! Plus you live like 3 houses away from me so I'm kind of stuck with you" he laughs

"Tay"

"Listen to me Sky. I love you, not just as a little sister. I properly love you. You know I'd never hurt you- like Matt did. I'm crazy about you but it's weird. Youre 15 and I'm 18. That's a whole 3 years age gap"

"16 tomorrow you know" I respond as-a-matter-of-factly

"16 tomorrow" He repeats in the same tone as I did "But you're starting school again, you'll be meeting all new people, new boys" he waggles his eyebrows "You can't get stuck down with me."

"Taylor, I wouldn't mind"

"I know you wouldn't Sky. I see the way your eyes light up when I'm with you. I may be dumb but I'm not blind. Plus Mia is great, she really likes me and I really like her."

"So you declare your undying love for me but you havent dumped your girlfriend?" I laugh because it reminds me of what I said to Matt "What is it with you boys? All of you saying you love me and then saying 'well actually, I don't like you enough to dump my girlfriend but you're still cute'? It's not cool Tay. You're exactly like Matt." I sit back in my chair and fold my arms across my chest. "Just take me home"

He car starts up again. I glance to my right, Taylor looks hurt. Really hurt. I smirk to myself. He deserves to be hurt once in a while. He has everything handed to him on a plate. He needs to know that life isn't that easy.

We pull up outside my house and simulatneous to the engine cutting out, the boys come running out- obviously after the food. The car doors fly open and within seconds nthe bags have been taken in and the boys have disappeared. All but Matt. He opens my door and holds out his hand. I take it and slide out of the car door. As soon as my feet touch the ground, I rip my hand away from his.

"Sky, I have to tell you something" He pauses, waiting for my reply but I don't give him one. "I ended it with Amy"

"What?" I say startled, even though I really didn't want to give him an answer.

"I want to show you that I'm serious about you"

"Do you really think that breaking up with my best friend is all it's going to take to get back with me?"

"Of course I don't. I'm going to treat you right this time" He starts for the house "Like a princess" That part makes me blush slightly, but luckily everyone is inside so no one saw.

I slam the door and Walk inside. I slump down into the seat next to Nash and rest my head on his shoulder. The boys wolf down their food in a matter of seconds but I push mine back and forth on the plate in front of me.

"You gonna eat that?" Carter says, his mouth full with food. I shake my head and pass it to him. Nash tenses up and I look up to him.

"Sky, you have to eat" He whispers

"I will, I'm just not hungry, I ate a lot in the hospital" I whisper back

"I'm going to make sure you do" He smiles and I smile back. He's like a big brother to me. I'm starting to think he's the only one who truly cares about me these days.

A silence falls over us all, until Matt breaks it.

"I've got something to say" Matt says standing up, breaking the silence. "I want you back Sky, we're good together"

I look around the room. I stare into each of the boy's eyes. I linger on Hayes and stop completely on Taylor. My eyes bore into his- like I'm begging him to tell me what to do. I can't fall back on him this time. This is my choice. My time to do what I want. I begin to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Matt says. I move my eyes up to him.
"You don't get it do you?" I spit
"Get what?"
"You can't just pick and choose when you want something Matt. You don't realise how much damage you cause. I'm not one of those girls who you can treat like shit but then will come running back to you.
Frankly, I don't care how 'famous' you are. You aren't a nice person. You pick people up, have your fun with them and brush them off like they meant nothing. But you don't think from their perspective. It nearly killed me when I found you with her. My best friend. Then you come here, rub your relationship in my face and then come crawling back when you get dumped. You ruin my relationship with someone that I really liked" I look to Hayes quickly and then look back to Matt.

"The amount of people that you've hurt is higher than the chance of me ever liking you again. I despise you." I laugh again "So that's a no. I don't want to get back with you. Ever."

"That's all you had to say" He rolls his eyes.
"I don't know why I ever liked you. I could have been with the person I really like, but no, you got into my head and now he has a girlfriend. So thanks Matt." I add sarcastically.