♔Chapter Fifteen♔

Fearing Love from the Alpha

Chapter 15

Lacey~

Closing the door behind me I could feel someone stare on me. I spun around to see Carter eyeing me from head to toe. Groaning he tried to hug me. I pushed him away ignoring the fact that he was still behind me.

“You know wearing only my sweater makes me think you forgave me.” I was suddenly spooned from behind around and held captive against the wall. Carter’s brown eyes held me captive as he leaned in. Waiting for the right moment I watched as he closed his eyes.

Using all my strength I pushed. Damn it! He barley moved an inch. “Peaches I’m sorry!” I just glared refusing to talk. Carter knew exactly why I was mad at him. Xavier told Carter the first day he met Sasha that they were mates.

Yet nor Xavier or Carter told me that she was going to be our future Luna. I had to go find out myself. “Carter I’m not mad at you for whatever reason you made up. I’m mad how you never thought of even telling me!” I refused to make eye contact with my mate.

We haven’t mated yet, but knew for an about a year. And all this time I thought he would at least trust me. I could hear him let out a visible sigh. “Lacey look at me.” I still refused and kept my head down stubbornly. “Lacey.”  His beta tone leaking in.

He knew it was my weakness. I refused to be an Alpha so as a Beta's mate I had to listen. Looking up I could see the pain in his eyes. “Peaches I couldn’t tell you because it wasn’t me story to tell. Please forgive me.” The puppy eyes he gave me melted my heart.

Giving him the pouty face I said. “Carty you promise you won’t ever lie or keep behind my back.” I stuck out my pinky waiting patiently. With an eye roll he stuck out his pinky. As we pulled apart I decided to have a little fun.

“Cartty.” A weary looking Carter replied. “Yes Peaches.” Leaning in as if I was going to tell a secret I said. “Babe I went commando under your sweater.” Pulling back I almost erupted into a fit of giggles. His eyes had changed from that milky brown that I loved to a pitch black.

I could feel the rumble of his growl as he pulled me to his chest. I pushed him away and this time he actually moved. Grabbing the hem of his sweater I started to pull it up. Carter’s eyes widened. “Not here let’s go to bed!”

It was too late as I pulled it all the way up.  Pulling my sweater back down I ran down the halls laughing my ass off. “You tease!” He growled chasing me down the hall. " YOU MAD BRA!" I yelled back.  

What I had really worn was my pink boy shorts and a yellow bra that said Spongeboob across it. Turing the corner I crashed into someone. Looking up I could see Xavier give me a weird look. “Bye big brother!” Dashing past him I ran into Carter and my room. 

Xavier~

Umpf! I felt something light hit my chest. Looking down I saw Lacey in one of Carter’s football sweater’s we had gotten during the fall season. Giving her a suspicious look, she popped up and said, “Bye big brother!”

Shaking my head I kept on walking toward my room. “Lacey get back here!” Watching Carter run past me I gave up on what the hell they were doing. Opening my door I decided sleep might clear my head.

After I left the house I had shifted to go on a run. It was too much to think about. About how Sasha was scared of me. About my parents. About my future with Sasha. About how I was going to explain to her about me.

Pushing those thoughts away I pulled off my shirt and pant’s. Grabbing a pair of black silk pants I slipped them on. Taking off my shoes I started to climb into bed. When suddenly the bed started to shift.  Pulling the covers off the bed I took in the sight before me.

Sasha was in a tiny black tank top and an old pair of jeans. Her face was covered in sweat. It must have been boiling for her to sleep under the covers. Hopping off the bed I walked into my closet. Taking out one of my smallest sweatpants I walked back out to Sasha.

“Sasha, Sasha, Sweetheart get up.” I whispered softly. The only response I got was her turning over toward the opposite side of me. Growling in frustration I grabbed a hold of her waist. The tingles felt so good as I shook her awake.

Her eyes started to open, but closed a second later. “Xavier?” She was still in a sleepy state of confusion. Her mouth was pulled into an adorable frown. “Why is it so hot?” I instantly felt guilty for leaving her here alone.

Lacey must have made her sleep in my room. “Honey let me change you into these.” I held up my sweats to show her. “Promise you won’t look.” I chuckled, her eyes were still closed as she talked. “I promise.”  Turning around I waited.

After a minute of clothes shuffling I heard a soft yet sleepy voice. “I’m done.” Turning around I almost laughed out loud. Sasha was sprawled across my bed her hair everywhere. Her tiny little chest rose and fell according to her breath.

Climbing into bed once again I pulled Sasha against me. She curled up into me as I leaned down to inhale her sweet scent. It smelt like strawberries dipped in chocolate. Snuggling up even more my last thoughts were, I will never leave this girl.