♔Chapter Twenty two♔

Fearing Love from the Alpha 

Chapter 22

Sasha~

My cheek still tingled as I got out of the shower. The way he held me in his arms was magical. If only it could be like that always, to bad fairy tales aren’t real. Putting on my undergarments I put on Xavier’s sweater on.

It still smelt like him with a hint of my peach spray. Putting on a pair of yoga pants on I ran downstairs. With my hair up in a messy wet bun, my mind was set to make my mom’s famous meatloaf. I remembered how much father loved eating it and decided half of it would be put in the freezer.

Grabbing all the necessary ingredients I turned on the radio. One Republic blasted through the speakers as I chopped vegetables. Swaying my hips to the beat I hummed along to Secrets, my favorite song. “AND I’M GONNA TELL ALL MY SECRECTS!” My intense screeching came to haul as there was a knock at the door. Who the hell would come now?

My eyes widened as I remembered Lacey’s threat at coming to get me for yelling at her. Turning of the radio I grabbed the closest thing to me a can opener. I tried to make my footsteps as light as possible. Walking toward the door I could hear another light knock.

Unlocking it my heart speed up for some reason. My can opener in one hand and the other on the door knob I opened it. Suddenly being swooped up into a tight hug I yelped in surprise. The tingles all over me were putting an overdrive in me and I knew instantly who it was. “Xavier!”

What was he doing here? Lightly he set me to my feet. Looking around him I searched for his car. “How did you get here?” It was a five mile walk. With his hand behind his neck Xavier looked at me with eyes filled with sadness and guilt.

“Is it okay if I stay here for a while?” His cheeks had a tint of red in them making all my suspicion go away. “Trouble with Lacey?” “You could say that.” Leading Xavier to the kitchen I asked, “You want dinner?” His eager nod told me all.

Together we made dinner. A huge meatloaf, salad, and fruit smoothies. Jokes were said nothing personal and it was relaxing. “Tangled or Cinderella?” I asked as we both settled into the living room. His groan filled the air. “Why something so PG?”

The teasing tone made a blush rise to my cheek. Quietly I put in Cinderella and spotted my self to the love seat. Curling up I hit play on the remote. I had to be the biggest loser on earth right now. Of course he wouldn’t want to watch something so childish.

We didn’t have many movies in the house. I barely got to watch TV. My mom loved this movie and always used to watch it with me and Sam. “My mom used to love this movie.” Without even knowing I quietly said. I could see from the corner of my eye,Xavier stiffen the slightest bit.

“My mom loved Aladdin.”  Their was this mutual feeling in the air from the lose of our loved ones. “I’m sorry.” I said. Even though my father was no role model figure, he was the only thing I had left. “Look at those dumb birds flying around.”

The change of topic was something worth changing. “Hey they happen to be helping Cinderella!” With that our bickering went on until the end of the night.

~~~

My eyes were slowly closing as the scent of Xavier’s smoked wood smell wrapped me. “What are you doing?” I asked Xavier. I felt as if I was on Cloud 9. The floor beneath me as gone and I was wrapped in Xavier’s arms.

“You need some sleep.” Snuggling and getting comfortable I rested my head on Xavier’s shoulder. I felt like this was how it was always supposed to be. “Did you finish the movie?” I said with a yawn. My eyes were half closed, but I listened for a response.

In return I could feel Xavier’s broad chest vibrate with laughter. “Wouldn’t miss the end for anything Sweetheart.” He said lightly in my ear making me shiver. “You know I really enjoy you in my clothes.” Pushing my face into Xavier’s chest to hide my blush I mumbled a shut up.

Slowly I was put down onto my bed. Groaning in protest I let my hands wrap around Xavier’s neck to their according. It was this new found feeling of love that broke through me to be bold. I wouldn’t have this any other time. Slowly leaning up to Xavier’s face I closed my eyes.

Pulling him closer I did the one thing that was on my mind since the start. I kissed him. Smashing our lips together I felt the sensation that I always dreamed of. My first kiss. I was delightful. The taste of citrus and vanilla had me let out a light moan.

Not letting myself or him get carried away I pulled away. Breathless from the dreamy kiss I sucked in a big breath. The look of shock covered Xavier’s face was priceless. Biting my bottom lip I looked out the window to see the crescent moon covered by thick layers of trees.

Was I that bad? The look of worry covered my face. Oh no! What if he didn’t like it? My cheeks turned a dark shade.Sparkssuddenly flew as I felt his warm lips on mine in a second. It pulled away quickly as I looked up into the ash eyes that I knew I was falling for hard.

“What was that for?” I asked softly. “That was for giving me the most amazing kiss ever.” I looked away out into the window. “Thirteen days.” I whispered softly to myself.