♔Chapter Fourteen♔ E

Seducing Alpha

Chapter 14

~Xavier

“No,” I didn’t know just how relieved I was hearing the word come out of Sasha’s mouth until my shoulders sagged. It was like an unknown burden had been lifted off of me. She wasn’t getting abused and the fact that her heart beat didn’t stutter when she spoke meant she was telling the truth. But then I felt my wolf stir.

Where did the marks come from then? I stiffened as I felt my wolf’s agitation. My eye snapped to Sasha’s to see her eyes were looking not directly at me but behind me at the wall with a blank stare. I blinked, a feeling of uneasiness creped in me seeing her so closed off, something I never wanted her to feel around me. I didn’t know how she felt and that angered me, not knowing.

She was hiding something from me and no one gets away with lying to me. Slamming my fist down on the table I was seeing red as I stood tall. She was lying to me. “DON’T LIE TO ME!” I yelled panicked. I didn’t want my mate to lie to me, I wanted her to confine in me, her thoughts, her secrets. And that wouldn’t be possible if she couldn’t even tell me how she had all her bruises.

I could sense a new wave of emotion tumble out of her in waves. It was something that had me step away from the table wide eyed staring at her; I turned and walked out the back door. I am a monster. How could I have made her feel like that? I’m her mate, I should make her happy not the way she just had. But the fear, it rolled off of her in waves, my mate was scared of me.

~Sasha

“DON’T LIE TO ME!” I was startled by Xavier’s change of behavior. His eyes glowed morphing into the color of burnt coal. The look in his eyes looked so familiar. As I leaned in to get a closer look my head shot back as fast as possible. The anger he felt was clear as day and it was freighting me.

I didn’t want him to feel angry and especially me. I wondered if he was beginning to doubt having me in his home. What if he didn’t want to associate with me anymore? After seeing that doctor I realized just how expensive it must have been to have a doctor come personally on a late Saturday night.

I knew it must’ve been too much for Xavier to handle. And I felt fear; fear that he didn’t want to be near me. Maybe he felt disgusted by my bruises if he saw them while I was passed out. I felt scared that the only person who showed me any care since the past eleven years didn’t want me anymore.

I watched as Xavier stalked out of the room. My heart broke a bit watching him walk away. But then I realized I would always be alone in this world. My days were numbered and it would all be over, these confusing conflicting feelings would finally be over and I would finally be with mom and Sam.

With that in mind I stood up feeling the silence in the air hang. Where was everyone? I looked around surveying the dining hall. On one side of the maroon wall stood a large grandfather clock, I wondered how I missed seeing it when I walked in. Walking towards it I could hear the timer sway from side to side making a clicking noise. It was beautiful.

It was expensive showing just how much I didn’t belong there. A short silver carved dagger lay atop the number one while a longer one lay across the three. It was one’ fifteen. The precise golden carved designs around the clock were amazing. I raised a finger to feel it; the smoothness was cool to the touch. “Beautiful isn’t it?” A soft voice asked behind me.

Retreating my hand quick I spun around to find Lacey giving me a curious look. “Lacy!” I exclaimed seeing her near an entrance leading toward what I believed the stairs to the second floor. Walking towards her I did the only thing I could think of at the moment, I hugged her needing comfort.

I could sense her surprise as she froze up but she was quick to hug me back holding me close, like a sister. I felt so confused and vulnerable and another girl was exactly what I needed. We hugged for what seemed like mere seconds but in reality must’ve been minutes. “Come on you need to rest,” Lacey said softly to me leading me upstairs.

It was then that I felt my eyes start to droop. “Yeah I am a little tired.” I felt a yawn come and closed my eyes. I felt Lacey helping me through the dark hall letting her lead the way as I felt myself let go. “Go in and sleep, we’ll talk in the morning.” My eyes snapped open as I looked around in the dark room. It was the same room I was in before I had dinner and the place Xavier brought me to after I passed out the first time I met him.

Our first time meeting felt like such a long time ago but it really only had been a few days. “This is Xavier’s room isn’t it?” I asked accusingly. As I looked at her, her lips pulled up into a smirk. Her eyes held a wicked glint. “Just get some sleep.” I nodded at her feeling exhausted. Too tired to speak I climbed into bed.

“Goodnight Sasha,” Lacey said in a soothing voice as she closed the door. “Goodnight.” My head hit the soft pillow. Kicking off my shoes I pulled the sheets up to my chin. Breathing in the smell of smoking wood and vanilla I couldn’t help but think of Xavier. Was he okay?

Letting myself drift off I said my final goodnight to two special people. “Goodnight mom. Goodnight Sam. I love you.” My heavy eyelids finally fell as I was thrown into a dream filled state.