♔Chapter Eight♔E

Seducing Alpha

Chapter 8

Ring! Ring! Ring! The first thing that came to mind as the sound of ringing awoke me from my slumber was a sense of déjà vu. My eyelids felt heavy and my limbs protested as I tried to move them. My back was as stiff as my neck. Ring! Ring! Ring! Slowly getting up groaning, I sat up.

 The ringing stopped. My eyes felt bleary as I blinked several times. I looked at my surroundings confused as to why I was on the floor near the bathroom. As I intended to get up using my hands, the sting in my right hand pulled me back down. Looking at the blood soaked gauzy material covering my wrist, the memories came flooding back.

 Last night, Lacey, and the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Ring! Ring! Ring! The annoyance I felt from the ringing came back. Growling I shot up onto my feet trying to not let anger get the best of me. My stomach lurched and the pounding headache didn’t help. Leaning against the wall for support I walked toward where the ringing was coming from.

 I pulled at my hair to calm the raging headache. Ring! Ring! Finally finding the cause of the problem, my eyes opened wide at the number on the phone screen. Numbly I picked up the phone.  “Hello?” My voice sounded so nervous, if it was a cop on the other line they would think I would be guilty of murder with the amount my voice shook over a simple word.

I could hear the familiar heavy breathing and loud music pumping in the background. “Go into my room and remove the bag in my drawer. And just because I won’t be home until midnight doesn’t mean you should do something you’ll regret,” Without as much as a scolding for not picking up on time, the other line was cut off. I stared at my phone in amazement.

 He didn’t even bother questioning me, meaning he was probably with other people. Walking back into my room I checked the time, shocked to find it was already one. Sighing I decided a shower would help bring me out of my misery. After a long hot shower without being afraid someone would come in, my muscles stopped aching and my wrist didn’t hurt as much as before.

 Pulling on some new clothes, I knew just because it was Saturday didn’t mean I didn’t have homework or a house to clean on my own. Opening the attic door down, I knew throwing myself head first into my daily chores would keep my mind of the misery of knowing what would come at night when my dad would get home. After cleaning, dusting, and cooking up some edible food for when my dad would get home, I knew finishing up my homework would clear my mind and leave me for a day to relax before going back to school.

 As I made my way up the stairs a knocking on the front door brought me back down. Confusion started to swarm my mind. Who would it be? I glanced at the clock to see it was five in the afternoon. I cursed the fact that there wasn’t a peep hole or glass windows beside the door for me to check who it could be.

Knock. Knock. The door went again startling me. If it was my dad then he would have already had the door open with the key and he never knocks.  Curiosity got the best of me as I slowly opened the door. As the door fully opened for me to figure out my suspicions my eyes widened at the people standing in front of me. “Hello miss, we were won-” SLAM! The bag!

 I forgot about the bag my dad told me to throw out. Running up the stairs taking two at a time I ran into his room. My mind was focused on one thing throughout the messy room. I searched the room for the place where the bag was. The room was a chaotic mess and I was afraid I would never find it.