I Never Could Hate You

"Jake? Please come back? It's hard, it's so hard."

Jacob had been gone- not dead, but he might as well be- for twelve days. After the fight he just left. It had been one of those fights that ended in an "I hate you" that neither person had meant, and he went to one of the boys' house, but they wouldn't tell anything about his whereabouts.

Your soft voice spoke through the phone as you left your ninth voicemail for that day.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it, the 'I hate you'. And you didn't either, we love each other. Come back." You cried. Jhene Aiko's 3:16 AM played in the background of the call, he noticed. It was your sad song, he called it.

"More from her?" Craig asked.

Jacob sighed, "She's so fragile. I'm supposed to protect her. She fucked up so hard."

"That's what you keep saying, but you said you hated her right back." Chresanto supplied.

"Thanks." Jacob glared at him, and he struggled.
"You did." Chres mumbled, and Ray laughed.

"Call her." Rayan stood up and clapped Jacob on the back, "You love her." He said as he left.

.............
"Jacob?" You breathed as you picked up the phone, "You called baby."

Jacob bit his lip,"Baby?" He asked as he sniffled.

"Yes, I love you. I love you so much. I was wrong, I was so wrong. WE were so wrong, and we can make it right. But if we can't, I still want to be friends with you."

"I love you." Princeton spoke, "Can I come home?"

"You have a key." You chuckled slightly.

"Oh yeah," Princeton blushed, and you could tell he was even though you couldn't see him.

"I'll be over at 3." He stated and hung up quickly.

*******
"YN?" Jacob called as he came in the house.

"Jake!" You ran out of the kitchen and into his arms.

"Woah, hey baby." He laughed, pulling the key out of the door.

"Hey." You started, "I'm so-"

"I love you." Jacob cut you off, "And if I made you that sad you had to listen to Jhene Aiko, then I'm a dick." He chuckled and grabbed your face.

"You don't hate me?" You started to cry.

"I could never hate you." His face turned red, a sign that he was about to cry.

"You acted like you did!" You screeched, burying your head in his chest. Even when he was the problem, he was the one who made everything better.

"I never could hate you." His voice raised five octaves, and you could feel his tears on your hair," I love you too much."

"I love you, too." You sniffled, kissing him.