Chapter 14 Awake

Samantha's feet dangled from the chair as she sat with everyone awaiting for the new family member to arrive.

"Well, how do you feel about finally not being the baby?" Henry asks. Samantha quirks and looks at him funny.

"What?" She asks. "Well, the new baby is the baby now," Henry adds. Samantha isn't really sure what that really means. The child couldn't really complain. She had Killian alone for nearly three decades, doting on her, before they settled into their new family with Regina.

Samantha hadn't given much thought to what it meant to have a baby around. "What does a baby do?" She asks. "Umm, they cry, and need to be taken care of nonstop," Henry said.

Samantha had been excited about the baby coming, but felt nervous now not really understanding that the baby may take away attention from her. She was still quite young, around seven years old now, and had been without her mother for a very long time.

As the double doors open suddenly, Killian comes out, beaming away, "Well?" Neal asks. "It's a girl," Killian smiles and shakes his hand.

"You guys mind if Henry and Sam meet her first?" Killian asks gesturing the kids to follow him. He takes Samantha's hand, and Henry goes in the room first.

Samantha tugs back on Killian, "What's wrong? You want to see the baby?" He kneels. "Umm, I don't know, I have to go to the bathroom," She whimpers at him.

"Okay," He worries, and nods to Regina, heading around the corner with Sam. "Go ahead," he nudges. "Umm," She sighs.

"You don't have to go, what's wrong?" He kneels. "The baby needs taken care of all the time?" Samantha asks. "Uhh, yes, sort of like you, you needed looking after by me all the time on the ship," He said.

"But a baby is more?" Samantha asks. "You worried that you're not going to get attention?" He asks. Samantha shrugs at him.

"Well, listen, I'm going to need you," He said. "Me?" Samantha quirks. "Yeah. I didn't take care of a baby before, you at least have had dolls, I'm going to need your help," he said.

"You will?" She brightens. "Yeah," he assures. "Okay," she sighs, relaxing more and he picks her up taking her back to the room.

"There you go support her head," Regina says as Henry holds his little sister. "There you are," Regina smiles as Killian places Samantha next to Regina in the bed.

"Okay, you ready?" Killian asks. Samantha holds out both of her arms, and Henry gently places the baby in them. Regina gently supports the back of the baby's head as Samantha nervously holds the bundle and looks up at Killian.

"What do you think?" He asks. "I like her," Samantha smiles giddily. "What's her name?" Henry asks. "Oh, her name is Molly," Killian says.

"Hi Molly," Samantha says, and the baby coos, moving her eyelids. "She looking at me," Samantha giggled. "She is, she knows she has two siblings to look after her," Killian smiles.

"I will," Samantha states.

*baby crying*

"Shhh shhh, okay, hi little sailor," Killian gently bounces Molly in his arm, late in the evening. Samantha shuffles into their room, "Baby you are supposed to be in bed," Regina shuffles by handing Killian a bottle.

"I want to help," Sam says. "Love, you need to sleep," Killian gently tickles her cheek. "No, you said you needed my help," Sam holds the bottle into her sister's mouth.

Killian and Regina look to each other, and shake their heads. They don't have the energy to argue with Samantha.

"Okay," Regina enters the kitchen, with Molly cradled in her arm. She chuckles, seeing Killian and Samantha both passed out on the breakfast counter, face in arms. "Mmm, you're wearing everyone out Miss," Regina told Molly.

Samantha insisted on getting up in the night as Molly would cry for food. She ended up in Killian and Regina's bed almost every night because of it.

"Papa!" Samantha comes through the door, "Shhh, Molly is finally sleeping," He says as Samantha comes towards him. "She's awake," Sam says noticing the infant start to stir in the cradle.

"Ah, okay, what is this lovely picture I love it, can I have it?" He asks. "Yes," Samantha giggles and plays with Molly's feet.

*Molly crying*

"Papa, she wants something," Sam informs. "Yes, I know," He rubs his hand over his forehead and kneels, "What is it you?" he asks the baby. "She stinky," Sam says.

"Ah, you want to change her," Killian grins. "No way," Samantha refuses.

A few hours go by, "Where are my girls?" Regina's heels click across the marble and she stifles a laugh looking at Samantha passed out on Killian's chest, and Molly in her cradle.

"Shh shhh," Regina picks up the wiggling baby. "Let's let them sleep," She says.

"Mmm," Killian groans and is beyond used to having a child on him when he wakes, and picks up Samantha heading towards the scent of dinner.

"Nice nap?" Regina grins. "Mmm, Molly, you're killing me," He smirks at the baby in her little seat. "I can't believe Sam refuses to not get up with her," Regina shakes her head.

"Well she wants to honor her commitment I guess, maybe when Molly's five months we'll all sleep," He hopes.

When that time came however, there was argument. "What are you doing??" Regina asks watching Killian move the cradle from next to the bed.

"Molly is going into her room with Sam," He said. "What? Who said?" Regina scoffs. "I do, I'm the Captain," Killian boasts. "I'm the Queen, and their mother," Regina puts her hands on her hips.

"Papa, Molly is still little," Samantha huffs and joins her mother, putting her hands on her hips. Killian picks up Molly, "You're both going back to your room, and this is going back to Mummy and Papa's room," Killian said.

"I don't like this," Regina huffs. "Me neither," Samantha copies her mother.

"Well you'll both live, and I would hope Mummy wishes to resume some other activities without company in our room." He hints. "Well.. I.. you're just taking both the kids?" Regina scoffs.

"I know I'm a pirate, but I don't view putting the girls in their room after five months, as taking them." he scoffs.

"Papa," Samantha whines. "Come on, let's go," he says firmly.

"Come on Regina, you going to pout on our first night with privacy?" Killian leans over her, she sighs.

"Wait, is Molly crying?" She worries. "She's sleeping, Sam is right there. Come on, we need something together," He smiles. "Mmm, you are kinda cute still," She moans. "Good, so just enjoy," he kisses her deeply.

Hours later, "Regina where are you going?" He groans. "I'm going to check on them," Regina insists.

Killian sighs and shakes his head against his pillow, and then hears Regina's voice over the baby monitor. "Killian, come quick and quietly," She says.

He heads into the girls' room, and Regina points towards the crib, where Samantha climbed in to be with Molly.

He chuckles, "See? They're asleep though," He mused.

"These two are quite inseparable," Regina mentioned. "You think Molly has magic?" Killian asks. "I wouldn't be surprised" she replies.

"Oh boy..." Killian sighs.