Chapter 4 Good

"Papa, you said," Samantha blinked her hazel eyes at him. "Mm you aren't going to forget are you?" He smirked playfully. "No," she denies shaking her head side to side. 

"Alright, Papa was asked to help the Queen," he said. "The Queen?" Samantha gasps. "Yes," he nods. "What she wants?" Samantha asks.

"Well, she wants me to go talk to someone that she isn't very happy with," He said honestly. "Oh, who?" Samantha asks. "Her mummy," he says. 

"Why she mad at her mummy?" Samantha asks. "Well I don't know," he shrugs. 

"You gonna be bad?" Samantha asks. Not wanting to lie to the child, but also not wanting to inform her of a possibly terrifying truth, he comes up with somewhat the truthful answer. 

"I don't want to be, and hopefully I won't have to be. I want to be good," he said. "Is the Queen bad?" Samantha asks.

"Who told you that?" he quirks. "They said Evil Queen in village," She tells him. "Well, you know how you get mad at Papa when he makes a rule you don't like?" he asks. "Bedtime," Samantha states.

"Right, maybe the village person called the Queen, evil, because they don't like a rule she made," he said. 

"Oh, how long you leaving for?" Samantha asks. "Well I'm to meet the Queen tomorrow at Noon, I hopefully will return by your bedtime," he said. 

"What do you do when you see the Queen?" She asks curiously. "Well, you usually bow, or in your case, curtsy," he said.

"What's that?" She confuses. He chuckles, and offers his hand to help her off her chair. "Well, you stand here, and a bow is like this," he demonstrates, putting one arm behind him and the other in front.

"Now, for a curtsy, you hold a part of your dress here, and you bow, but you hold the sides of your dress out," he describes. 

Gently Killian places Sam's hands on each side of her dress, and tucks it a bit in her fist. "Now, bow, and hold them up," he says.

"Like this?" Samantha mimics his description, "Good job," he chuckles proudly at her. "Now you know what you have to do if you ever see the Queen," he said. 

"Will I see her?" Samantha asks. 

"I don't know Sam, maybe someday," He smirks. "Papa?" she utters. 

"Mmm?" he replies. "Will she make up with her mommy?" Samantha asks. "I don't know love," he denies. 

"I would, but I don't have one,"Samantha says. Killian's heart sinks, "I know," he gently holds her head.

"Why didn't my real mommy want me?" Samantha asks sadly. "Oh love, I don't know. But I want you, very much." He says. The child manages a small smile. 

"You know, perhaps your mummy, didn't have a choice. Your adoptive mum took you in, because she found you, so perhaps your real mummy couldn't keep you or someone took you from her," he said. 

"That's not nice," Samantha says. "No it's not, and if that happened and someone took you from your real mum, than they're a very bad person," he said. 

Flashback -- almost 6.5 years ago 

As her dark long braid drapes down her teal jacket, Regina gallops to a deserted area of the fields. Excitedly hopping off her horse, her smile stretches ear to ear as she sees him.

"Daniel!" she leaps into the stable boy's arms. The pair are the epitome of first, or young love. 

Regina is a young princess, not quite eighteen yet, and has fallen more than hard for the palace stable boy, Daniel. 

He was a few years older, still young and innocent himself. The pair were head over heels for each other. 

"Well?" he asks. "I am... we're going to have a baby," Regina smiles brightly. As the pair share a kiss, a yelp of a young girl is heard as a wild horse races by.

 Regina gasps, and spots the girl on the wild running animal. Boarding her own horse, she races off to rescue the young girl

The young girl, was a Princess, Snow White. 

Regina's rescue would be one that would be the biggest regret of her life. Costing her not just her love, but their baby as well. 

Present Day 

"Come here, big hug for me," Killian grasps Samantha around him. She wraps her hands around his collar and neck and presses her soft face against his cheek. 

"I'll be back tonight I believe, you be a good girl," he kisses her head and heads off. "Don't forget to bow or courtsy Papa!" She calls. 

"Thank you!" He calls back and heads off, his coat swishing behind him. 

Making his way to the Queen's palace, he enters the large dark doors. 

"Now this hat, will get you to Wonderland, where my mother is the Queen of hearts. Quite ridiculous given hers is black," The Queen swaggers with a large hat to the middle of the room. 

"And you expect me to kill her and bring her back to you?" Killian asks "I do," Regina smirks. "Do I need to provide you some more motivation?" She smiles devilishly. 

His eyebrow dances up, "What did you have in mind?" he asks. "Take off the hook," she says teasingly, biting her lip afterwards. 

"That's not very subtle," he winks. "Was I supposed to be?" She sits down slowly on the edge of her satin blanketed bed. 

Killian hadn't had the companionship of a woman in over six months. His focus was on Samantha, and he couldn't deny that the Evil queen possessed a tempting figure, and persona to him. 

----

"Well, that was good..." The Queen stands slowly, with a casual drape of satin across herself. 

Killian sits up, pushing his feet back to the floor and shifting his shirt on. "Are you ready? I'll expect you back by night fall," the Queen magically spins the large ten gallon hat and it lands on the floor creating the portal for the Captain. 

As expected, Killian returns by night fall to the Evil Queen's palace. 

She trails her fingers along the cement tombstone looking over her mother, whom she banished  years before. 

"I've found a way to be happy, you didn't help me, if only you had," Regina mutters laying a rose over her mother. 

As the room is silent once more, her mother, sits up. "Well, now what?" Killian asks coming to the side of the casket. "I have another idea," Cora says.

"I let you live, what is it your plan now?" Killian sneers. "I'll go to Misthaven, and wait, she has some plan, are you coming with me?" Cora asks.

"Why would I do that?" He scoffs. 

"Because it's going to benefit you for the greater good," Cora emphatically. "You mentioned a child with magic, I can help you," Cora said.