Chapter 3 Time

Killian stands in front of his old full length mirror. His hair is swept to the side, per usual waking up. His shirt and vest are on and he's buttoning the final ones on the red velvet vest across his middle. 

Life has indeed changed, it's been roughly six months since he took charge of Samantha and the little girl had wrapped him around her entire hand. He hears little shuffles of feet, and looks to his side, hearing his sword clang a bit on the table. 

He smiles, seeing Samantha trying to push it up, "Mmm, that is a bit big for you," Killian kneels next to her. "I was just playing, I can't touch it, I know," Sam says softly. He tickles her cheek with his fingers, before standing up, and properly attaching the sword around his hips.

"How about Papa gets you a small wooden one for practice?" he suggests. "Really?" Samantha lights up. "Mhmm, a little pirate you are, because we can't play with Papa's, it's sharp right?" Killian reminds.

"When I'm big can I have one?" Samantha asks. "A real sword, yes, I'll teach you because it's good for you to know how to fight," He said. 

"Why Papa? You said you protect me," Samantha said. "That's true, but you should know how right? At least you could beat Smee," he winked. 

Sam lets out a little giggle, and Killian adjusts her coat onto her before heading up into the brisk sea air. 

"You little lass were born for the sea, you haven't gotten queasy once," he smiled as the little girl made steps next to him.

As Killian and Samantha bonded, and the Captain treated her as nothing less than his own, her magical bloodline was somewhat triggered. It was unclear why her magic started to act up a bit more, so Killian decided to seek help. 

"Your majesty," he bows humbly in the Queen's castle. 

The more than sultry Evil Queen as she was referred to, stepped towards him with a lift in her brow and a smirk on her face looking him up and down, in a not so subtle way. 

"Captain Hook, what brings you here?" She smiles playfully. "I've a question about magic, when someone young and inexperienced shows signs of it, why would that be?" he asks.

"I'm unsure what all magic is," Regina slips by him and heads towards wine goblets. "I have a small child, and her hand lights up randomly," he said.

The queen presses her lips together, "You? A child, hmm. What color is the light on her hand?" Regina asks.

"Umm white, always," Killian said. "Is she in pain?" Regina asks. "No," he shakes his head. "Sounds like your child has been blessed with light magic," Regina said. 

"I see, well, I thank you for your time," He nods.

"Now I want you to do something for me," she slips a wine goblet into his hand. "What?" He asks. "I need someone who can.. manipulate," she slides her hand slowly up his arm.

"Your majesty, you are ... very persuasive," he smirks. "What is it that you want me to do?" He asks. 

"I want you to go see my mother, and she is very good at exploiting someone's weakness," Regina waltzes around. "Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree love," he smirks.

"Shut up," She snaps. 

"And what am I doing with her?" He asks. "You're killing her," Regina smiled. 

Killian Jones had been a notorious villain for hundreds of years, but now he was a Captain, responsible for a little girl.

"Uhh, I'm not sure I'm the right man for that," Killian says. "What? Of course you are," Regina scoffed. 

"Meet me day after tomorrow, noon, and don't be late," She demands. "And.. what of my child with her magic?" Killian asks. 

"It sounds as if she's fine, let me know if things start to explode," the Queen shrugs. 

Killian makes his way back to his ship, and is greeted by a bouncing Samantha excited to see him. 

"Papa! Did you bring me gum drops?" She asks, excitedly. "I am a man of my word," he pulls the paper bag from his pocket. 

The little girl grins widely up at him, "Eh-Uh, kiss for Papa," he lowers himself and she plants a kiss on his scruffy cheek. 

"Were you good for Smee?" he asks stepping aboard, "Ah," he blinks to see his first mate mostly covered in colors of chalk. 

"Well, Papa will need to leave you a bit after tomorrow as well, but I'll bring you a treat, again," he promises. "Why Papa?" Samantha asks. 

"Mmm why don't you not worry about that, let's get you some dinner before those gum drops, and a bath, and bed," he says. 

Samantha follows along with her nightly routine with Killian, however, she becomes a tad defiant around bedtime. 

"Sam, come on now, Papa said bedtime," Killian repeats, placing the little girl back down in her bed.

"I'm not sleepy," She huffs. "Sam, I make the bedtime rules with you, and I say you are. Also if you are up too late you'll want to nap in the middle of the day tomorrow and then get to bed even later, not a good cycle," he explains. 

Samantha sighs and puts her hands on her hips. "You can remove the hands from the hips, miss, that's the rule, Goodnight," he kisses her head and leaves the room. 

The child defies him and shuffles herself down the hallway, and back up to the deck. 

Killian is deep in his thoughts about the mission the Queen wants him to do, when he hears Samantha. 

"Samantha," he says firmly. "Hi, I'm thirsty," She fibs. "Mmm, the glass of water next to your bed wasn't enough?" he tips his head up. 

"Umm.." she fumbles. "Come on, let's go," Killian picks her up and gets her back into her quarters. "Papa," she whines, as he places her in her bed on her feet. 

"No, lie down," he gives her behind a firm pat. Samantha sulks dramatically getting down and he lifts the covers over her. 

"Come on now, if you keep this up, I'm not bringing you any treats tomorrow," Killian says firmly. 

Samantha wipes her eyes, "Papa why you leave again?" she pouts.

"Is that why you're acting up?" He asks. She sighs and blinks up at him.

"Mm, well Papa has some business to attend to, that's all," He said. "Why can't I go?" Samantha asks. 

"Because it's not for a little girl, that's why." He said. "Is it bad?" She asks. "Why do you think that?" he furrows his brows. 

"You always tell me," Samantha mutters. "Right, I do don't I?" He thinks. 

"Papa?" Samantha interrupts him. "Okay, more on this tomorrow, go to bed, understand?" he says once more. 

"You mad?" Samantha whimpers at him. "No, Papa is not mad," he places his forehead to hers.