6: Failed Mission

"Are you sure?" Taehyung's expression turns solemn.

"I guess it's worth a try." Jimin heaves a sigh.

They are standing in the corridor, nervousness filling both of them. Their eyes are fixed at the young male who sits on the far end of the couch with a book in his hand.

Jungkook's beautiful doe eyes are fixed on the pages of the book he is reading. His bottom lip is caged between his incisors and his index finger is gently placed on the corner of the page he is on. He is sitting as still as a statue.

Both, Taehyung and Jimin, gulp in dubious-ness as they still stare at the younger male—who sits on the couch.

It's evening and for the season of summer, it's quite chilly. Or maybe just for them.

Both, Taehyung and Jimin, feel a stinging, cold breeze strike them right in the face, inspite of the fact that they are at home.

"Is it just me, or is the atmosphere actually cold?" Jimin asks, voice cracking in vagueness.

"I think it's just us, because only we're wearing sweaters. Jungkook isn't." Taehyung answers, precisely pointing out the dumb-ness of his friend and him.

"Yeah." Is the only word that exits Jimin's mouth at the very moment.

While Jungkook heedlessly sits on the couch reading his book, Taehyung and Jimin, unintentionally plan to do something very stupid. Or to be more precise, they plan to speak to Jungkook about an agenda that has 99.99% chances of concluding to a nasty consequence.

Jimin purses his lips into a thin line while Taehyung gently bites the side of his (inner) cheek.

They gulp again, extremely unsure if they should make the move or not.

*awkward silence

Taehyung slightly nudges Jimin's arms, as he cocks his eyebrows, signalling Jimin to go ahead with their not-so-sure plan.

"What?" Questions Jimin, frowning.

Taehyung's vague expression drops and he now has an 'irritated + fed up' face on.

Pink-haired Jimin, definitely did not understand why Taehyung nudged him. Naive little Jimin, has no clue for what his fellow friend had cocked his eyebrows for, neither does he have any clue for why Taehyung is looking at him with such a mixed expression.

"Dipshit." Taehyung mutters to his friend, earning a vicious glare from the other.

"Excuse me?" Jimin tuts in ire. His left eyebrow cocks up and his eyelids come close as he squints at Taehyung.

"Go talk to him." Taehyung mutters again.

"Why me?" Jimin retorts back in shock.

When they had decided to confront Jungkook, Taehyung had advised that he would be the one to speak.

This is NOT IT AT ALL.

"Just go." Taehyung spits in a low whisper.

"I thought you would be the one talking." Jimin revolts again, this time huffing.

"I seem to have got a sore throat you see? I am henceforth unable to can." Taehyung explains, pulling out utter idiocy.

"Unable to can?" Jimin snorts. "At least plan out your craps." He teases.

"Shut up before I shove this spatula up your butt." Taehyung growls at Jimin in a deep, low whisper.

"You're just scared, aren't you?" Jimin asks, crossing his arms over his chest, making the fabric of his sweater, move along with his shoulders in coordination.