Final Chapter.

Is this a dream? Or is that soju finally doing its job...

I felt nauseous hearing those words through a deep voice that seemed so familiar yet so different.

"I miss you." The voice sounded again, right beside my ear. "I missed you so much."

I couldn't find my voice.

"This time...I'm not going anywhere."

I remember Yeonjun's words that afternoon and Yoonah's question that followed...but without me asking it, Beomgyu answered, just as if he knew.

"I promise."

After these two words, he stayed there silently...for how long, I didn't know. Because I didn't want the heart that was beating so steadily to stop. I didn't want the fragrance of lavender to vanish. I didn't want his warmth to fade.

I want him to stay right there. Eternally.

_______________________

6:00pm next day

"Here! Over here!"

The restaurant that Yoonah chose for our reunion party was crowded by dinner time, yet she still managed to spot Yeonjun past all the rowdiness. I was reading the menu carefully until I heard her excitement die down.

"O-oh?" She stopped waving. "Why're you..."

I lifted my head to meet a pair of familiar eyes.

Behind Yeonjun, Beomgyu stood there and waved with a nervous smile while staring directly at me. In the brightly lit restaurant...and in my sober mind, I could finally see his face clearly.

It was still the same Beomgyu I knew from the night he took my hands and ran away under the starlight. The same teddy bear eyes that now shimmered with gentleness, and the same lips that had softly met mine.

"Beomgyu?" Yoonah now looked toward me and I broke off eye contact with him.

"I asked him to come," I answered with a smile. "I'm not ready to third wheel while you and Yeonjun giggle through dinner."

"But..." Yoonah still looked confused. "I thought you...hated him?"

"Hahahaha yes," I chuckled while scenes of the fansign...that night at bighit...and on top of all, the arrogant smirk that I haven't seen for a long time flashed through my mind, "But on the contrary, I have some news."

"Yoonah!! I'm here!" Yeonjun now came up and pulled the chair beside Yoonah to sit down. "Sorry you had to wait so long~"

"It's okay! We just got here anyway," Yoonah replied with the happiest smile I've seen from her all year.

"Have you two ordered?" As if he haven't ate for the whole week, Yeonjun looked at the menu with eager eyes.

"Yes of course~ do you want to look through it and see if there's anything else you want?"

"Yeah!" He answered enthusiastically, "Beomgyu, you take a look too."

I glanced at Beomgyu and, to my surprise, he was still looking at me with a tilt to his head. His mouth parted slightly and his eyes were in a daze, as if he was not staring at something that could exist.

"Beomgyu!" Yeonjun said louder.

"Wow....what is this atmosphere" Yoonah now looked at me mischievously, "Hana, don't tell me the news that you were about to say was..."

"We're dating," without taking his eyes off me, Beomgyu said calmly. The same deep, mellow voice I remember from yesterday reverberated in my ears, and I felt my face turn hot.

Yeonjun didn't look too shocked, but Yoonah's widened mouth could fit a fist.

"WHAT??!!! Wait wait wait! When where why HOW???" She yelled, "Did you know?" She turned her head toward Yeonjun.

"Yep," Yeonjun said while ruffling the back of his hair, "but only yesterday. I was shocked too."

"KIMHA!!" Yoonah now said with an expression that was too cute to be angry, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?!"

"Well..."

"So is this a double date now?!!" Without letting me answer, her eyes now lit up and she started bouncing up and down like a puppy. "Yessss! So after this we are definitely going to Hangang river to eat ramen!!"

"Ramen..after dinner?" Yeonjun exclaimed.

"And fried chicken with beer!!! And bingsu!"

"Wow..."

"Hehe you better be ready to empty your wallet yeonjun oppa~"

"Nuh uh I'm not not definitely not paying for all that"

While Yoonah and Yeonjun were bickering, I took a peek at Beomgyu again. Upon seeing my eyes, he smiled. The smile on his face was one I've never seen before, yet I could interpret it effortlessly.

I love you.

I smiled back. And I saw his eyes become wider with surprise for a moment, but soon, they melted into a pool of honey. He knew the smile meant.

I love you too.

Thank you for reading til the end, hope you enjoyed this journey!! ⭐️ 

WHO should I write about next?