you're poor and paranoid?

The atmosphere grew increasingly odd.

I glanced up from the items that I'm now placing inside a plastic bag. The guy in the fluffy jacket now has his hood pulled further down his forehead, while the guy in the checkered pants now waddled from side to side, and I could tell that he was shook and growing fearful of this situation.

"Uh-Hum, that will be 22070 won please. How would you like to pay?"

Trying to remain as professional as possible, I cleared my throat and said usual line.

The fluffy black jacket turned toward the checkered pants guy, signalling for him to take out his money.

"hyung...but I paid last time..." The checkered pants guy mumbled unwillingly, but still came up to the counter and took out a card.

"Okay, please insert or swipe here."

Card declined. Insufficient funds.

"Oh? It doesn't seem to wo--"

Confused, he raised his head to make eye contact.

Though his thick black bangs covered most of his eyes, I could still recognize those defined double eyelids and the drooping eyeline that makes him look like a teddy bear more than anything else. It was the idol that I like and the first person to say that I'm disgusting.

Beomgyu widened his eyes.

"You.."

Immediately, he turned around sharply to look behind him. Then, as if looking for something, he walked hastily around all the shelves and came back. The high school girls have already left and it was getting close to midnight.

"Your friend isn't with you, right?" He asked, trying to steady his voice.

"Why are you working here" He demanded further after getting no response from me. Beomgyu's eyes turned cold yet his gaze burned furiously.

"I-I'm always here though, you can ask the manager."

"Don't lie."

"I'm not lying!"

"Beomgyu..." The other guy, I guess to be Yeonjun, said warily.

"Hyung..I don't think it's safe here"

With that, Beomgyu grabbed Yeonjun by the wrist and strived toward the door with large steps.

"Wait-stop! I'm not lying when I say that I've always worked here! I'm not lying when I say that my friend isn't a sasaeng!! I'm not lying when I say that I like you!!!"

I finally said it.

Beomgyu stopped in front of the door and slowly let go of Yeonjun. With his back turned toward me, I didn't know how this is going to end.

"Then prove it."

He articulated coldly. Those words rang in my ears as he pushed the door and stepped into the starless night.