how can you like her?

One drop. Two drops. I couldn't stop tears from flowing out.

"I like you." 

The words echoed in the room that was washed in dreamy golden light from the setting sun. 

"I like you, Kim Hana." He repeated, now staring deeply into my eyes without a trace of smile. "Because I can't describe this feeling in any other way."

The furious pounding of my heart filled the silence. Is this really the person from yesterday? 

"Will you..." Beomgyu started to say in a softer voice and took a few steps closer to me, "Will you be my gir---"

"Excuse me." A clear voice unexpectedly cut in cleanly. "Isn't it rude to say that in front of someone else's girlfriend?"

What 

Someone else's. 

Girlfriend?

I blinked and slowly turned toward the 17 year old standing beside me, who was now looking at Beomgyu with a smile different than the one earlier. It was a mocking smile that seemed out of place on his rounded face and soft streaks of bangs.

What is this kid doing? 

Beomgyu stopped walking closer and I saw his eyes twitch in annoyance, but soon continued  talking as if he didn't hear anything.

"Kim Hana, can I be your b---" 

"How can you like her?" Jungkook interrupted again. "When you said she's disgusting?"

I saw Beomgyu's hands curl up in a fist and his arms started trembling out of irritation. He clenched his jaws and didn't respond.

"Sorry but..." Jungkook continued on and suddenly reached down to pick my wrist up and raised it in front of Beomgyu, as if showing off our skinship. "She's my girlfriend."

I gaped at Jungkook in shock. The sun was shining in my face, and all I could see was his silhouette and a fire lit in his eyes. Is he actually serious? As I wondered in disbelief, fast steps approached. A hand snatched my wrist out of Jungkook's clutch. 

Beomgyu was now less than 1m away, and I could see how exhausted he was. The bags under his eyes was darker than yesterday, yet his eyes grew even more penetrating under the blinding sunlight. He glared at the 17 year old boy in cold resentment and I've never seen such strong emotions boiling inside of someone. 

"Hana, is it true?" Beomgyu's voice trembled, "Do you like him?" 

I looked at him and found him to be looking at me now. The anger disappeared, and all that was left were pure disappointment and sorrow.

Stop pretending. These two words rang in my head. Stop pretending to like me. He had said.

"I don't know."