Chapter Fourteen

It had been a crazy there weeks dealing with exams while nursing a heartbreak but I was officially done. My last paper was two days ago and I was packing up all my stuff. Lee and I were going to Nairobi the following day to ready everything we needed for our semester of studying abroad. My parents had been skeptical when I told them I was going to the UK for four months but when they heard Lee was coming with me they relaxed. It's like they thought I wasn't capable of taking care of myself. I was twenty years old, well almost twenty but that's besides the point.

Right now Lee was trying to convince Jake that he couldn't come with us. It would be the first time they would spend so much time apart and in different continents at that. Let's just say Jake was not thrilled to be separated from his queen. I knew their relationship was strong enough to survive the distance. They would find a way to make it work.

Speaking of relationships, it had been a whole month since mine and Masons relationship ended and two weeks since I heard anything from or about him. I actually lived for those sweet texts he continuously sent me but I never replied. One day they had stopped, I had been so tempted to text or call him back but I stopped myself. I had to remember that all this was for the best. There was a reason we split up and we had to keep it that way.

I had so many things to pack up and no space to put them in. Lee was supposed to bring me the new suitcases we ordered after she was done with Jake. I could have gone and collected them myself but I was banned from ever going to the hostels where she stayed. When we were in second year their holier than thou caretaker had caught me smoking weed outside Lee's door because she hated the smell and I was banned from ever going there again.

Finally everything that had space to be packed in was done and the rest was neatly folded awaiting packaging. Lee had better be here soon because we had an end of semester party to go to and I was pumped. I wasn't going to get drunk or do any drugs but I was gonna have fun with my friends and take videos of people doing crazy things under drug influence so I can use them to blackmail them later. They had done that to me a few times so now it was time for payback. I had also found out who was coming with us to UK. One was from our class, Liam who choreographed most of our dances and was a wizard when it came to playing drums, both modern and traditional. He was tall with dark skin and a medium build. He was nice and I liked him so we would get along just fine. The other student was a second year who I had come into contact with a few times but couldn't remember his name clearly. Mark or Martin or whatever, was a good actor his voice put the angels to shame. He was always nervous around me but if I got him comfortable enough am sure we would get along pretty well.

We had all been worried about our living situation there. The first proposal had been the universities hostels but Liam had a super rich aunt who lived over there who was more than happy to host her little nephew and his adorable little friends, her words not mine as quoted by Liam. That had been awesome and according to Liam she was cool so she wouldn't be on our necks all the time. Those four months were going to be epic and I was going to make the most out of them. Who knew the next time I would be able to go there?

********************************************

An hour later I was bored and deciding on an outfit for wearing to the party. I was torn between a cute white jumpsuit that ended mid thigh or a pair of ripped skinny jeans paired with a maroon hand woven crop top that I had fallen in love with. I was picking out shoes for either outfit when there was a knock on my door. That couldn't have been Lee, she never knocked and she had texted five minutes ago saying she was going to be another hour because Jake needed more convincing. That was just code for sex.

Maybe it was Mwamba, I had told him to come get some food for his family that would go bad if I left it here and some clothes I had stopped wearing for his daughters. Don't judge me, most of them were almost new and I don't see you donating anything to a man who had seven mouths to feed with a job that paid minimal wage.