Chapter Nine

It was eight in the evening when we arrived back at school. We were all exhausted from the long journey but very happy from what we had achieved. Our school had been ranked top out of all the thirty universities in attendance. If there was a trophy I'm sure we'd have carried home the biggest one but our certificates for participation were enough as it really wasn't a competition. We were just ranked to show which universities needed to improve of their skills.

Dr James stood at the front of the bus to talk before we left.

"Settled down." He ordered and we all kept quiet. "Now a few things before we leave. First of all I want to thank you all for giving me an easy time. I know it's hard to behave at your age but in spite of the few mishaps here and there it was a smooth trip so thank you. Clap for yourselves." We all clapped and he continued when we quieted down. "Next is thank you to all of you for all the awesome performances. Dr. Beatrice and I are very proud. A special thanks to our writer and our lead star. Igwe to you guys." He complimented and we all clapped out loud. The rest of the class saying Igwe over and over again to Lee and I. "Enough enough. Let's not forget a thank you to the two girls too for treating us to a feast. We know we said thank you but really that was unexpected and we appreciate." He said.

"Your welcome guys. I'd say anytime but then you'll get used to it and I'm just a hustler like the rest of you." Lee said and we all laughed.

"Finally go get some rest because on Monday we have a meeting with the Vice Chancellor. Dress nice. And yes Kylie I'm looking at you."

"What did I do?" Kylie asked innocently.

"You know what I'm talking about. Goodnight ladies and gentlemen. See you on Monday." Dr. James said before exiting the bus.

"Goodnight kids. It was a good week and I'm a very happy HOD. I will see you on Monday and listen to Dr. James Kylie." Dr. Beatrice teased exiting the bus too making us all laugh and Kylie groan. She was famous for her skimpy clothing.

"I swear you guys just pick on me." Kylie complained getting up from her seat.

She shouldn't have said that wearing a romper that showed half her butt cheeks and her nipples poking out, showing she had no bra on. That girl really was something but she was just comfortable with her body and I admired that though I'd never dress like her.

"So is Mason picking you up?" Lee asked as we exited the bus.

"No. I want to surprise him. We arrived a day early so I decided not to tell him." I answered.

"That's cool. Well Jake is going to be here any minute." She said.

"I'm sure you guys have a lot of catching up to do." I said with a knowing look.

"Yes we do." She replied in a sultry tone making me chuckle.

"Here are your suitcases ladies. I'll see you on Monday." Dennis one of our classmates said bringing us bags.

"Thanks Dennis. Goodnight." Lee said.

"Goodnight." He replied and left.

"I see Jake. Make sure to let me know when you get to Masons place safe and I'll let you know when we get to the house. I love you boo. Say hello to Mason for me and I will see you at the meeting ." Lee said pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"I love you too. Goodnight love." I said kissing her cheek before we parted ways.

I took a motorbike to Masons place. I could have walked if I wasn't carrying three bags.

************************************
Carrying all three bags up the stairs was not an easy thing to do. Thankfully I had been pretty physically active since I decided to quit drugs. All the runs Lee made us do before rehearsals made sure I wasn't out of breath when I got to Mason's door which was on the third floor. I stood outside for a few minutes deciding what to do, knock or just enter. The light was on so I knew he was awake and I could hear the Tv so he was either watching a movie or playing video games.