Chapter Six

Hailee and I were having a girl's day to ourselves. It had been so long since we hang out together so I had invited her over to my place. We would spend the day having fun together, gossiping and filling ourselves with so much junk food it would be hard to breath. It had been a few days since I had seen Mason but we kept texting and calling. We were doing pretty good and I was happier than I had been in a long time.

"I like seeing you like this." Hailee commented as she helped me apply some nail polish on my toenails.

"Seeing me like how?" I asked puzzled.

"Happy. It suits you. I mean I know I make you happy, like definitely, but this is a different kind of happy and I like it." She explained.

"Leave it to you Lee to make a conversation about yourself." I teased.

Hailee laughed sticking her tongue out at me and I did the same. We were so childish.

"And yes I do like this happy too."

"So when do I get to meet Mason?" She asked.

"Why? So you can threaten him in person?" I teased her recalling she had given Mason my number.

"You know me too well and before you tear me a new one. I didn't tell him where you lived. I only gave him your number which wasn't even in use at the time." She explained.

"I'm not mad Lee and I do have a new phone now." I said holding it up for her to see even though she had already seen it.

"Yeah the new phone and clothes and shoes. Looks like Mr. Lover boy is pulling all the stops." She said wriggling her eyebrows.

I laughed hitting her softly "Stop it."

"Do you think if you told him your phone was stolen he'd get you a new one?" She asked with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Lee no!" I reprimand already knowing what was going on in her mind.

She shrugged "What it was just an idea?"

We stared at each other after she said that before we both burst out laughing.

"I had really missed you Lee." I told her as she finished my toes and I began to work on hers.

"I had missed you too B. So tell me. Have you guys done the dirty yet? Is he huge down there? Does he have undergrowth or is he a shaver? Is he circumcised or does he have a Turkey neck?" She asked and I looked at her horrified before bursting out laughing.

Leave it to Lee to ruin a sweet moment with her dirty mind.

"Lee you need serious prayers." I admonished.

"Yeah yeah whatever."She said dismissing me with a wave of her hand "You still haven't answered me yet."

"Lee I've only know a guy for less than two weeks. I've not seen him shirtless let alone seen what he is packing." I told her quickly to end the topic but knowing Lee it was far from over.

"But I'm sure you want to though." She said.

" Want to what?" I played dumb avoiding eye contact.

"You know... get a peep behind the curtain." She grinned doing a little dance.

"What?! No!" I lied in a high pitched voice.

"Tell that to your voice. You always talk in an high pitch when you're lying." she said.

"Okay fine you got me. I am curious." I admitted.

"I knew it. Don't worry girl mama got you. By the time I am done you will be well on your way to sexy town with Mason in the drivers seat." Lee said and I laughed.