Chapter Eleven

I was doing the dishes we had used for breakfast when there was a knock on the door, Mason was in the shower. That was odd, Mason never received guests unless it was Lee and she wasn't even in school. She and Jake had traveled for a little get away. I wiped my hands on a kitchen towel and gave myself a once over. I was still dressed in shorts and a loose tank top but I didn't have time to change so I decided to just answer the door this way. I hope whoever was on the other side of the door would understand. If only I had known who was knocking, I would have run to the bedroom to change and maybe fix myself before opening the door.

"Who are you?!" The person on the door demanded after looking at me from top to bottom and reverse with disdain in her voice.

"Mrs. Baraka what a shocking surprise! Please come in." I answered quickly in a high pitch voice.

"How dare you invite me into my own son's home? Who are you? Where is my son and what in all that is holy are you wearing?" She demanded question after question.

First thing that came to mind when I saw her was now I understood where Mason got all his looks. The mom was really pretty and she knew how to dress herself. Dressed in a white short sleeved button down shirt tucked into blue figure hugging jeans. She completed the look with black knee high boots and a black handbag. Her dark chocolate skin matched Masons and her eyes were just as brows as his.

That was a very good impression till she opened her mouth and I thought what a bitch, excuse my French. I had to cast away those terrible thoughts, this was the mother to the man I loved. I had to be nice to her even though what I wanted was to grab her nicely done natural hair that was in a bun and sweep the floor with her. We were almost the same height, she just had a few inches on me so I knew I could totally take her.

"My name is Becca, I am Masons girlfriend and he is currently taking a shower and I'm sorry for my under dress. We weren't expecting guests or I would have dressed better... Please do...." She barged past me and into the house ".... come in" I completed under my breath and followed her into the house.

I had at least cleaned up before she came in so it looked neat and clean.

"Can I get you anything to drink or eat?" I asked politely standing at the end of the sofa from where she was sitting.

She looked at me the same way she had at the door her gaze lingering a little longer on my tattoo. I felt naked in front of her and kind of scared but I wouldn't dare budge or show weakness. I had been raised better than that. Mason always talked so highly of his mother and I had admired her even though I had never met her and her image was crumbling slowly in my eyes.

"No I don't want anything from you. Now please call my son and wear something that doesn't make you look like a sex worker." She replied.

Her words tore thorough me like an arrow shot directly at my heart. I knew not everyone would like you in this world but it hurt when Mason's mom thought I was a whore. I didn't know what to say after that so I just ran into the bedroom and shut the door behind me before leaning on it.

I found Mason in the bedroom getting dressed. He looked very handsome in a pair of black sweatpants, a white T-shirt that hugged him in all the right places and a pair of black socks. How could such a perfect person who was always so kind and respectful come from someone who didn't have respect for anyone. Maybe I was judging her too harshly but how could I when she clearly called me a whore. I was dressed appropriately for someone just lounging around the house. It's not like I would step outside the door dressed like this.

"Hey babe. Why do you look so flushed?" He asked startling me from my thoughts.

I opened my mouth to explain to him but nothing came out. I was still in shock after that terrible statement his mother had made at me. I moved away from the door and moved towards the closet grab a change of clothes. Mason grabbed me in his arms as soon as I was within reach.