Chapter Four

It had been more than a week since I had last seen Mason and I was feeling worse than ever. What had that guy done to me? I had thought staying away from him was good for the both of us but I was beginning to feel as if that was a mistake. But it had been too long now and I was too chicken to go over to his place so I just decided to wait for the hollow feeling in my chest to pass and I would be back to my normal self.

I was dressed in an oversized hoodie and comfortable leggings as I headed to the nearby market to grab a pack of cigarettes and restock my kitchen. Maybe I'd eat out for the night or get some take away being too tired to cook. I had also been trying to reduce my drug intake slowly. It would be a process but I realized there were other ways to get a high that didn't involve poisoning my body. Lee had never done drugs in her life and she was doing okay so I thought it would be great to listen to her for once.

I was in the mood for some fried fish so I headed to one of the stalls to grab myself some that were ready to eat. I was looking through some good pieces when I heard a voice I wasn't expecting to hear.

"Sasa Mathe, umemalizia order yangu?" He asked.

Hello madam is my order done?

I stood still hoping he didn't recognize me and pulled my hood further down.

"Eeh nishamalizia ndio hii." She said handing him his wrapped fish as he gave her the payment.

Yeah all done, here it is.

"Asanti mathe tuonane siku ingine."He said but didn't leave.

Thank you madam, see you another day.

"You know if you really wanted to avoid me you could have just left. " He said close to my ear.

I turned around slowly and looked up at him with a shy smile on my face.

"Hi Mason. " I greeted feeling really awkward.

"Hey there beautiful, long time no see. I was starting to think I'd imagined our whole encounter." He replied with a smile on his face.

I had missed that smile so much. He looked good in all black. A black hoodie over his towering frame, dark jeans and a pair of black Airforce sneakers. He looked better than I did that's for sure. And he had called me beautiful. I held in a grin after hearing him say that. He didn't look angry to see me so I hoped he wasn't too mad that I hadn't returned his clothes.

"I'm as real as I can be. " I replied awkwardly.

"I remember us agreeing you'd return my clothes." He glared at me but I saw the hint of a smile on his lips and realized he wasn't actually mad at me.

"I"m sorry I've been under a lot of stress lately, it completely evaded my mind." I lied and saw the disappointed look on his face immediately feeling guilty for saying that to him.

"It's okay. It was nice seeing you again. Have a goodnight Becca." He mumbled excusing himself.

I knew I had offended him by making him feel as if I hadn't thought about him when he was all I had been thinking about for the past one week.

"Mason wait!" I called out catching up to him and holding his arm.

"I'm sorry I didn't return your clothes. I wanted to but I kept talking myself out of it till it was too late to actually come." I rambled out quickly.

If it had been any other guy I couldn't care less about his feelings but this was Mason and I didn't want to see that sad look on his face.

"Since we are confessing. I called your friend and asked her for your number and where your lived but she only gave me your number before threatening me. She was really something." He said chuckling to himself as he recalled the conversation.