018

Alexia entered her first class and was confused to find Xavier wasn't there.

He was never late. This worried her and she found herself regretting not waking him up and going to school with him. Maybe he was still asleep.

Alexia has a bad feeling in her chest and couldn't shake the worry she felt for him.

She decided she would wait until lunch as he would hopefully show up then.

The lessons dragged on and minutes felt like hours until she finally heard the bell for lunch and ran out quickly to find him.

She spent at least five minutes speedily walking through the halls to find Xavier and relief washed over her when she saw his familiar head of hair in the distance.

"Xavier!" She shouted and he slowly turned around. Alexia immediately noticed the massive bruise on his nose and gasped at how bad it looked.

"What happened!" She asked worryingly. "Don't worry about it" he said walking away from her.

"Where are you going? We usually eat lunch together" she said.

"I think we need to stop talking to each other" he said making Alexia come to an abrupt stop.

"What are you talking about? Are you okay?" She nervously chuckled in hopes he was joking with her.

"Ever since I met you my grades have been going down, I've been skipping church and committing so many sins! Do you not understand how bad that is?" He said regretting all the lies coming out of his mouth.

"I thought I was worth it for you, I thought we were worth it" she said with teary eyes but not letting any fall.

"Well you thought wrong" Xavier said on the verge of tears. He knew it was the best thing to do to save both him and Alexia from James hurting them.

"I thought you were different and you weren't just using me for my body but I guess I was wrong" she angrily stated then walked out of school and straight into her car.

Xavier felt so angry with himself and knew he had ruined something he'd never had before. He liked having someone there for him. He had his parents but that wasn't the same. All they cared about was church and grades, they didn't care about his happiness at all.

Xavier also left the school and drove straight home and into his room. He quickly closed his blinds so Alexia wouldn't see him crying. She needed to think he was okay with all this.

In reality, he couldn't stop from feeling guilty even though he didn't mean anything. He found it amusing that they'd only known each other for a little while yet he felt like his heart was breaking.

It was such an unusual feeling for him but he hated it. He just wanted her.

Alexia was the same. Once she arrived home, she also went to her room and closed her blinds. She wanted to get rid of every memory she had with him.

She couldn't believe she actually liked him, usually she just used boys for the attention. This was the only boy she'd ever had feelings for.

Tears rolled down her cheeks and she stepped into her shower to calm herself down.

As the hot water rolled down her back, she thought back to what he said. It was so unlike Xavier and she still didn't know what happened to his face.

She couldn't help but feel worried about him.

——

This was so dramatic considering they'd only known each other for like a month but they liked each other okay lol.
Thanks for reading!
- Ari x