21

“Can you promise me something?” He asked, his voice low. I looked up into his eyes and nodded.

“If something does happen to go wrong, promise me you won’t get yourself killed, I can’t lose you too (F/N).” His eyes softened and smiled at him.

“I promise.” He smiled slightly, I took the time to study him, I rarely ever get to see him smile. He brought his hand up to my chin, and gently tilted my head. He lowered his head down to mine and kissed me softly. My heart began to flutter in my chest as I kissed him back. I pulled away from him and narrowed my eyes at him.

“You need to promise me the same thing.” He smirked and snaked his arm around my waist.

“Since when do I ever do anything stupid?” I rolled my eyes and sighed, relaxing into him. Hearing his heartbeat, I smiled and closed my eyes and enjoyed just being with him.

My eyes snapped open as I woke up to loud crashing and yelling. What the hell? I looked out the window to see it was still dark out, the moon was barely halfway across the sky.

I sighed and tried to push out the noise. Probably just Hanji going off about a new experiment she wanted to test.

“Where is she!” I heard someone yell. She? I continued to try and push the noise out.

“(F/N)!” I froze at the sound of my name being called… I knew that voice. I sat up and listened carefully.

“(F/N)!”

“No… it… it can’t be.” I whispered. The yelling and commotion only grew louder, until it sounded like it was right at my door. They started banging loudly on the closed door, my whole body started shaking.

“Open the door.” He growled, I choked when I heard it, it can’t be.

“(F/N) open the fucking door right now!” I slowly got out of bed, I walked up to my door and reached to unlock the door, my hand shaking violently while doing so. I turned the knob and opened the door, and I almost screamed.

“Took you long enough.” Levi growled, he leaned against the door frame, he looked like he’s been through hell. His face was cut up and bruised and his clothes were ripped to shreds. Eren, Reese, Zeffer, Kody and Hanji all stood behind him, wearing their night clothes looking shocked and staring at us with their mouths hanging open.

No, he’s not real.

“You’re not real, you… you died.” My body continued to shake violently as he continued to stare at me.

“I can assure you I am very much alive.” He smirked at me. My throat constricted and I felt tears begin to slide down my cheeks. I tentatively, and slowly brought my shaking hand up and caressed his face. I was shocked to actually have my hand meet his cheek. He leaned into my touch and smiled slightly.

“Thought you could get rid of me that easy huh?” He whispered still smirking. I choked out a sob and quickly threw my arms around him. He breathed heavily and hugged me back just as tightly, burying his face into the crook of my neck.

“I… thought I… lost you.” I whispered to him through my sobs. He pulled away from me and brought his hands up and held my face carefully.

“Never, you will never, ever lose me. Do you hear me?” He trailed his thumbs under my eyes, wiping my tears away. He snaked his hand to the back of my head and pulled me to him, and he kissed me, his hand tangled into my hair, I grabbed onto his jacket and pulled him closer to me. He tilted my head deepening the kiss even further.

Suddenly the hole in my chest had disappeared entirely, I no longer felt like I was suffocating, I felt like I could breath again. Levi was alive, he was here and breathing and I don’t have to live without him. Levi broke the kiss and hugged me tightly, I buried my head into his shoulder and cried.