18

Things have been a bit tense around HQ since the plan was revealed. We only had three days left. I sighed and gathered my clothes for my night with Levi, maybe I should grab one of his outfits. In case he ever spends the night in my room. I smiled and peeked out my door, I heard voices coming from Reese’s room. Zeffer must be crashing with her again.

“Please be safe guys…” I whispered to myself and quickly made my way to Levi’s room. I walked in and saw Levi in sweatpants and a white t-shirt. I smiled and placed my clothes on his dresser. He sighed and gave me a look.

“What?” I asked walking towards him. He got an annoyed look and ran a hand through his hair.

“You’re probably going to have to go to bed without me tonight. Erwin just stopped by and told me I have some paperwork I need to do.” I frowned and sighed. He walked up to me and hugged me.

“I’m sorry, I’ll try and and finish it as soon as I can. And maybe when I come back…” He kissed my lips, and started trailing kisses down my jaw and to my neck. I laughed lightly and I felt him smirk against my skin.

“Then don’t be late.” I whispered, he gave me a quick kiss before leaving his room to go to his office. I rolled my eyes and decided to try and pass the time with a book. I walked over to his bookshelf and browsed through them, I picked one that seemed interesting and settled onto the bed and started reading.

It’s been three hours… I just finished the book and Levi still isn’t back yet. I sighed and rubbed my tired eyes. I looked out the window, judging by how far the moon was across the sky, I’d say it’s about one in the morning.

I’m going to go check on him. I pushed the covers off and a shiver went through me, of course I was wearing shorts and a tank top on a chilly night. Then again I was hoping I would be sleeping on Levi keeping me warm. I got up and made my way to the door.

I opened the door and peeked out, making sure no one was around, and then slipped out and made my way down the hall. I tip toed quietly down the dark hall, my bare feet barely making any noise on the cold floor. I turned the corner and saw Levi’s office, his door was open and light was billowing out into the hallway.

I looked in and saw him hunched over scribbling away at some papers.

“How you doing captain?” I asked smiling, he looked up and I saw how tired he was. He grunted and set his pen down, he held out his arm and motioned for me to come to him. I laughed lightly and walked over to him, he grabbed my hand and pulled me onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and snuggled his head into the crook of my neck.

“Fuck Erwin, there’s so much…” He groaned. I wrapped my arms around him, and rubbed his back soothingly.

“Would you like some help? I’m up anyways.” He grunted and looked at me obviously annoyed.

“No, I wouldn’t put this kind of bullshit on you.” He sighed and rubbed my back.

“But it’s not so bad now that you’re here.” I smiled and kissed him.

“How about I make you some tea? Would that help a little?” He grunted and I took that as a yes. I rolled my eyes and gave him a quick kiss.

“I’ll be right back.” I got up from him and headed out of his office and down to the kitchen. When I made it I filled the teapot with water and let it heat up, I pulled out two tea cups and placed them on a tray, one of them being the cup I bought him. I smiled and stared at it, ever since I got it for him, I had never seen him use another cup. I couldn’t help but blush a little. The teapot began whistling loudly and I quickly took it off the stove, I put the tea leaves in the cups and poured the water in. I put a little more tea leaves in Levi’s, I know he likes his tea to be strong. I smiled satisfied and picked up the tray and headed back up to Levi’s office.