43

One week after the incident, Seokjin was sitting in the cafeteria. Every single action, single word replaying in his mind. He sat there thinking about what he had said and what Namjoon had said. Oh wait, He didn't let Namjoon speak. It was probably for the best, right?

He had drowned himself in work and was crying himself to sleep. But no one knew, or they knew but no one dared to face him. He sighed and looked at his tea.

"You should drink it before it gets cold."

He looked at the voice, uninterested. It was Yoongi? What was he doing here? Ahh, he came to meet Jungkook.

Yoongi sat opposite him and smiled. Damn that smile was contagious. Seokjin stared at him, making sure not to smile back, "Why are you here?"

Yoongi kept smiling as if he knew the power of his smile, "I came to meet Jungkook."

Seokjin rolled his eyes, "Then why are you here with me?"

Yoongi sat back comfortably, "He is in the meeting with his superiors, so I thought why not wait here. And then I saw you." He said shrugging, "So, Jungkook finally took neurology huh?"

Seokjin nodded, "It's best for him. I approved."

Yoongi nodded, "And Jimin?"

Seokjin sighed, "He passed last year and chose cardi-" He looked at him and sighed, "Why am I talking to you?"

Yoongi chuckled, "Because you need friends and you have pushed all of them back."

Seokjin knew he was right, and he hated it. He was ignoring them all. Jimin, Jungkook, Ken and even Namjoon. Especially Namjoon. He had been messaging him, but Seokjin didn't even open them. He was thinking of blocking him. But he couldn't convince himself to block the person whom he loves so much.

"You know, when master brought Namjoon in, Namjoon was so weak." Yoongi broke his thought train. "He would not eat for days, because he had actually not eaten when he was with his father. He would puke out all the food he had eaten. He had to learn to eat properly. But he came out to be the strongest of all of us."

Seokjin sighed, "Why are you telling me this?"

Yoongi blinked and sighed, "Listen to me first. After he completed his studies and training, he was appointed master's chief bodyguard. After getting to the post, there were very few attacks on master and zero success. The day he was announced the successor, there were many oppositions. He was only 19 after all.

"After a year, master convinced him to open his own company. So that he still had his legal money with him. We were struggling to get the company to sustain. The day the ambush happened, we were in an important meeting. Because Han Eunho was also involved, he knew that was a perfect time. By the time we reached the mansion, everything was over. Master was still conscious. He said one thing to Namjoon. To take care of the gang. 

"After master went into the coma, and you all were preparing Junghyun's funeral, Namjoon immediately took master's position. No one had seen his face and he wanted to keep it that way. He faced many oppositions, many rebellions. He was not taken seriously and everyone fought for the position. He had to work really hard to be taken seriously and prevent the fall of the gang and the legal company. He bled and sweated and cried. At one pint he was convinced that he was incapable. But he was stronger than that. He broke all the bounds and stood as the powerful one.

"I don't know the reason he didn't tell you the truth. But I know one thing, that he deserves the best in this world. And you are the best for him. Give him a chance to explain himself. Take your time, but after that at least listen to him once." He looked at his watch, "I think Jungkook is free. I'll see you again. Bye."

Seokjin sighed and looked at the tea. It was cold by now and he just abandoned the tea and went to the patients.

~

Seokjin looked at the envelope that a nurse had given him. He opened and smiled widely. He rejoiced silently and made a call, "Jimin, come to the cabin with Jungkook."

Jimin and Jungkook were there in a few minutes. They were looking on the ground and not making any eye contact with Seokjin. Seokjin cleared his throat, "So, Jungkook, your results came out."

Jungkook looked up and Seokjin looked very serious. He stuttered, "W-what does it say?"

Seokjin smiled, "You passed it! AND got into Neurology."

Jungkook gasped, "Really?"

Jimin hugged Jungkook and cheered, "Congratulations Kookie. I am so proud of you."

Seokjin looked at them and sighed. He missed this. He cleared his throat again, "We are going to celebrate! Get ready and meet me at 8 in the evening."

Jimin looked at him, "Did you forgive us?"

Seokjin chuckled, "I can't stay mad at my mochi and bunny, can I?" He said as he opened his arms and both the boys ran and hugged Seokjin.

Jungkook sniffled, "I am sorry, we are sorry."

Seokjin ruffled his hair, "It's okay."

Jungkook hesitatingly broke the hug and looked at Seokjin, "Can I- uhh, can I-"

Seokjin smiled, "Yes, you can bring Yoongi with you."

Jungkook and Jimin were shocked, "Are you sure?" Jimin asked with a worried tone.

Seokjin smiled and nodded, "And you can bring Taemin with you. We will have a success party for our bunny."

~

Yoongi was going to Namjon's cabin to give him the reports. As he met Namjoon in the office, Namjoon was shocked. Yoongi was wearing a white, silk button down, paired with black dress pants. Namjoon immediately asked, "Wow. Are you going somewhere?"

Yoongi sighed and nodded, "Jungkook passed his exam and got into his favourite stream."

Namjoon smiled, not a real one of course. He had not smiled in days, he hadn't slept for days. "That's great. So you are treating him?"

Yoongi froze, "No, uhh-"

Namjoon understood, "Jin hy-" He sighed, "Young master is treating you all?" Yoongi nodded, not making eye contact. Namjoon took a moment before speaking, "It's okay hyung. He is your boyfriend. Have fun. Tell him I said congrats. Oh, did you buy a gift?"

Yoongi knew it was hard for him to pretend that nothing had happened. So he played along, "No, should I?"

Namjoon rolled his eyes, "Of course you should. Buy something that reminds him of you. Something that is special for both of you."

Yoongi nodded, "Thanks." He was about to leave when he stopped and turned back, "Namjoon." Namjon hummed in response, "It's okay to take a break and cry. Take care."

After Yoongi left Namjoon sighed and leaned back on his chair.

A tear fell from his eyes as he closed them.