Chapter 35

"This is your last night of freedom military man," I smiled at Toby who was fiddling with a red cup in his hands. Toby smiled up at me but it was obvious he was nervous. I touched his shoulder gently, I wanted him to know that he had my support going into the army. Even though he honestly didn't deserve it, he had my love too.

"Yours too, college girl."

"I have a feeling I'll be having a lot of fun in college," I chuckled. Toby clenched the cup in between his fingers, "not that kind of fun Toby. I made you a promise, I keep my promises."

"It's nerve wrecking Nat. Being hundreds of miles away from your family, being shot at. The possibility of coming home like my father. I'm nervous."

"Toby, besides my father of course, you are the strongest man I know. You're brave, you have courage, just the right amount of attitude, and stubbornness. You are going to be fine."

Toby took a deep breath before nodding, "don't forget handsome."

We shared a small laugh before silence settled over us again and the blaring music from the party seemed to get louder. It was graduation night and everyone who intent on spending the last few days with there friends and boyfriends who they were going to be miles away from. I touched Toby's hand gently and he laced his fingers in between mine.

"How's your mom?" Toby questioned, completely catching off guard.

"Good. How's your mom?"

"Sad. She doesn't want me to leave, she said she doesn't want to be alone again. It hurts Nat, but I know I'm doing the right thing. I know that I'm making my dad proud and that's honestly all I care about."

Another silence settled over us. Toby holding my hand tightly and me gently resting my head against his shoulder. The moment held much more value than both of us could put into words. We were nearing the end of our journey and it was scary. It was scary to think that I may never see Toby again or if I did he wouldn't be in one piece. I held his hand tighter wanting to savor the moment even thought the taste was bittersweet.

"I think I'll be fine. I always have a back-up plan ya'know."

"A back-up plan," I laughed, "what's your back-up plan?"

"Well my first plan is to shoot, the second is to run like hell."

We both laughed again, the sound of our voices releasing some of the sadness in the air. The music at the party we were currently at changed to a slow song. I looked over at Toby and saw a smile dance across his lips.

"I love this song," he whispered almost inaudibly.

"It's beautiful."

The melody continued to move slow. Toby stood up, sat down his cup, and reached his hand out to me.

"I'm only asking you to dance because you cry ugly."

I laughed, sniffling a little as I took Toby's hand and he pulled me against his warm chest. He placed his hands gently on my hips as I looped my arms around his neck. He began to hum out the tune as we danced slowly in the middle of a near deserted living room. Everyone else was in the den probably twerking on each other and giving up free blow jobs, but then there was me and Toby. He placed a delicate kiss against my neck causing butterflies to swarm through my stomach reminding me of our first few kisses. His hazel eyes met my dark brown ones as he cupped my face and placed his lips gently against mine. I dug my nails into the fabric of his shirt as the kiss got deeper and the music began fading into the background.

"Toby," I whispered, my voice full of lust as his lips moved to my neck. He trailed down to V-neck of my shirt with wet kisses. My hands gripped on his hair as he bit down lightly on the spot he somehow knew was mine. My eyes closed, lust rushing through my body. My breathing got heavier as Toby's hands made his way back down to my waist toying with both the end of my shirt and my belt. I finally regained enough of myself to push Toby away gently.

"You know how I feel about ... about this."

"I'm sorry, it's so easy for a man to lose control around you."

We stood in silence with nothing but our heavy panting. I placed a hand on my forehead suddenly feeling a million degrees hotter. My body was on fire, I had never felt desire like that before. I had said no, but every inch of my body was craving Toby. I wanted him to touch me again and claim my neck as his with soft bites and sucking.

"I better go Nat."

"This early? This is our last night together, you can't stay any longer?"

"If I stay any longer I'm not going to want to go and that'll make things harder, for the both of us."

Toby wrapped his arms around me as I buried my face into his chest.

"I'm going to really miss you Toby."

"Not nearly as much as I'm going to miss you. I love you Natalie Ann Atkins. I love your smile, I love your hair, I love your confidence, I love your body, I love your stubbornness, I love your attitude, I love your caring nature, I love your independence. I love everything about you baby."

Tears fell from my eyes as Toby said the sweet words. I squeezed him tightly once more before letting him go and backing away.

"You better go or it's going to really get hard."

"Yeah, I'm really going to miss you Natalie."

"I won't be far away soldier," I smiled and Toby gave me a weak one in return.

"I don't like saying goodbye Nat."

"Then don't, say see you later. We will see each other again, whether it's now or in twenty years, I'll never forget you."

Toby wiped his eyes before placing a small kiss on my lips. He grabbed his coat and walked out. Tears began to flood my eyes and I couldn't seem to get a grip of myself. I attempted to dry my tears as I focused on the task at hand now.

College.

Author's Note

(I know the ending is really corny please forgive me)

My heart, my heart is breaking. So there's going to be a sequel, there has to be a sequel right? I literally just left you guys with this huge ass cliffhanger. I have some of the sequel written and from the comments you guys leave, I can tell you are going to hate me for some of it. I know I do this at the end of all my books, but I will never get over the crazy support your guys show. You guys encourage me to do so much and I couldn't have asked for better wattpad followers. You guys are the best and I thank you so much.

The sequel will be out as soon as possible, I hope you guys enjoyed the story and for all of you waiting for updates on Protector or any of my other stories those should start coming out soon now that my biggest project is done.

Thank you guys again.