Chapter 22

"What's wrong with you?" Toby questioned as we took the long drive back to my house. I all but rolled my eyes at his stupid question, she was what was wrong with me.

"Nothing Toby."

"Is this about Nyla?"

Nah

"I mean she's only a friend right? What should I care?"

"I'm not that dumb Nat, I'm not stepping my foot into that trap. Nyla and I have a history, sex mostly, but it's not like that anymore."

"I've already told you how I felt about you bring your hoes around me Toby. If she's not like that with you anymore, why is she around."

"Because she's in town and she's having a really rough time. Excuse me Natalie for trying to help out a friend."

"She's not your friend Toby she's your fuck buddy!"

Toby clenched his jaw and focused on the road. He stopped roughly at a stop light, rolling the windows down and leaning one arm on the door. I folded my arms over my chest and remained quiet. I had gotten my point across and if Toby wants hoes, I'll be more than happy to leave.

"Is this what are arguments are going to be like Natalie?"

I rolled my eyes, "what are you talking about Toby?"

"If you don't have trust in me Natalie, how will this relationship work? You just have to trust that I will never do anything like that to you and in return, I'll trust you."

"I never said I didn't trust you Toby, but that's like if I brought a guy around you'd be mad. You can't expect me not to be mad when this random girl comes and starts talking to you. And then you looked at her like you wanted to fuck."

"She's pretty Nat, and I wouldn't mind, but you're beautiful Natalie and you have personality. The only thing I can get from her is sex, but with you there's more. With you it's not about sex, we can conversations and that's not how it always is with some girls."

"I just don't like the idea of you hanging out with other women and I can't monitor you. We're miles apart."

Toby signed, and didn't speak anymore. I assumed that meant the conversation was over and saw us creeping towards the street of my house. A boulder was placed on my heart as I thought about spending another day away from my friends and Toby even though he was pissing me off. Toby turned the corner and I undid my seat belt. He pulled into my dad's lawn slowly.

"Text me?"

"Maybe, I don't know right now Toby."

"I got a fight Saturday, can you come?"

"I might be able to, I'll text you Friday."

I pecked Toby's cheek gently and turned to get out of the car, Toby grabbed my hand and made me look at him.

"Natalie, I am slowly falling in love with you. I would never cheat on you."

Toby let me hand go and I turned to walk into the house. For some reason Toby's words were both comforting and terrifying. The fact that he was falling in love with me warmed my heart, but also made me worry. Was I falling in love with him?