Chapter 26

Natalie's Point of View

"So how long have you and Toby been dating?" Nyla asked casually. I swallowed with great difficulty in order to restrain myself from leaping across the table and smacking that friendly smirk off her face.

"A month I think." I responded with the same causally tone, she shrugged her shoulders and her eyes moved to the television in the corner of the room. Toby sat next to me with his arm draped across my shoulder. We were currently at his house since his mother and her boyfriend had left to run some weddings errands and Toby didn't want to be alone.

Apparently, Toby slipped on the phone with Nyla and told her that him and I were going to spend sometime together. That's why the devil was currently sitting in front of me snacking on some chips. I nuzzled against Toby's chest and he smiled down at me.

"I hate her," I mouthed to Toby and he laughed.

"You don't even know her." He whispered back, tickling my ear with his breath.

"I know enough," I whispered back to which Toby chuckled again. The brief conversation died down as I realized the devil was still in the room and still very much intent on staying. I folded my arms, laid on Toby's chest, I even placed a few kisses on him so she would get the idea that we wanted to be left alone, but she didn't move.

"How have you been Nyla?" Toby broke the easy that had fallen through the icy tension. Nyla nodded and muttered a good and a thank you before going quiet again. The room was silent besides the noises of chips.

"How have you been Toby? You okay with your mom and everything?" Nyla questioned. Toby rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, this was obviously a conversation he wanted to avoid.

"I'm fine, I guess. I'll be out of this house soon so it doesn't really bother me."

Silence took over again. Toby pulled me into him and placed a kiss against my forehead. It was a simple, but sweet gesture.

"It's getting kind of late, I think I'm going to head to bed," Toby stood up and yawned and I rolled my eyes, now we both had to leave because someone couldn't take a hint. Toby gave Nyla a small hug before walking towards the door and opening if for her. I walked behind Toby to leave as well, but he grabbed my waist.

"Where are you going?" Toby whispered in my ear, I laughed and wrapped my arms around Toby's waist. He touched my lips gently with his own and it sent a sensation through my belly. Toby put his hands on both sides of my face and pulled me close to him.

"You're the best Nat."

I smiled, "I know."

Author's Note

So the gears are finally moving a little and I had some inspiration for a cute little fluff chapter. The gears are still a bit rusty but there turning and when I work all the kinks out I'll be back to updating. I hope all of you guys enjoyed your Halloween or fall festival or just your regular weekend. So no Tyla in this chapter, but Toby still seems like he wants her around so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Vote, follow, and comment what you guys think thank you.